My sound card doesn't work now.

char555

I replaced my video card with another one and then when I turned it on and when it first got into the OS. A message poped up saying that it detected a new hardware called PCI Universal Serial Bus. I also noticed that I lost my sound. I tried to fix it but I just said heck with it and formatted my drive (so much junk on there anyway) and I staretd fresh. I reloaded Win 98 SE and installed everything. I managed to get rid of the PCI Universal Serial Bus problem and installed everything fine now with the exception of my sound. I can no longer hear or play sound anymore. I don't know what to do. The volume is turned up, the sound is on, and I checked the connections and it seemed fine. I started when I replaced the video card but it shouldn't cause the sound to quit on me. Any suggestions?

Picklee

it shouldn't have been your video card. you should check the net for drivers for whatever soundcard you have or if you have onboard check your motherboard model and look up a driver for it.

char555

It's a sound card called Sound Blaster Live! and I reinstalled it again but nothing happened. I guess I'll look at Creative's site and find a driver for it.