My subscription ends today

peter912

My subscription to McAfee ends today and I have switched to Malwarebytes Premium for protection . My question is if I should uninstall McAfee from my computer or just leave it ?

peter912

Quick question, I accidently clicked on Malwarebytes in the programs to uninstall . It was at the 5% stage when I realized it and stopped it. Does this mean that it uninstalled 5% of the program as a result of this or is it all or nothing ? Then I went on to uninstall the intended program that I meant to, which was McAfee.

peter912

So what I did was to install Malwarebytes and during the installation I believe it uninstalled the one I had . I then checked under Programs in my computer and it listed Malwarebytes as having been installed today . I don't know why help at Malwarebyets thought that it was so complicated that a technician will have to contact me ? So hopefully I was successful in reinstalling it ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If a new version is available it might uninstall the old first. Whenever a program was installed or updated, you'll see the date listed next to it in the programs and features list.

peter912

Now that I didn't renew my subscription to McAfee, they sent me an e mail, to try and scare me into coming back .
It says that my info was stolen and that my e mail was found in a data breach on the Dark Web. It didn't work though because I am not worried about this . These places where they hacked in don't have any important information about me anyways just my e mail.