My Task manager says CPU 100%?

Primex

Ok, my computer has been running awful since I took it to the Geek Squad to re-format it. Everything is going so slow, and I looked at the Task Manager and it said that the CPU was at 100% because of svchost.exe System taking 98776 K. It's listed 3 times, with the second svchost.exe System listing as roughly 5000k, also there is the svchost.exe Local Service and Network Service roughly about 5000k as well. Why would my computer suddenly go over on the CPU usage? I know I can end the process, but is there a way to stop this from happening whenever I restart my computer without having to go to the Task Manager and waiting for an hour for it to come up? I don't know what I did exactly to make this happen.

DrCuddles

Definately, svchost is one of the main ways of telling if you've got a virus an when that starts messing around, like ending randomly or taking up too muc memory, its kinda telling you you've got a virus, AVG and Avast! or free so use them as suggested above, i use Avast! so i recommend that one more :)

oscaryu1

VIP Member
yes definitely get avast, its very sensitive, and its totally free with the exception of a free registraton!!! its awesome . its so sensitive that it detects PC wizard HDD benchmark as a virus =)