My Tech Station (Clemens 004)

meticadpa

Haha, I don't mind cleaning things a little more regularly than usual... :)

Yeah, I need to find a more... attractive solution to the rubber bands. I'll probably get some black zipties (I could swear I had some, but they disappeared).

bomberboysk

Haha, I don't mind cleaning things a little more regularly than usual... :)

Yeah, I need to find a more... attractive solution to the rubber bands. I'll probably get some black zipties (I could swear I had some, but they disappeared).
Make some custom fan clips:p

PohTayToez

I notice that you have three fans stacked on top of each other. I saw a study once where someone measured the CFM (I don't recall exactly how, this was years ago) of various fan setups, and they were able to prove that using multiple fans on top of each other actually decreased airflow. The problem is that using more than one fan creates a fair amount of turbulence in the airflow which prevents it from getting from one side to the other as fast as it should.

meticadpa

I notice that you have three fans stacked on top of each other. I saw a study once where someone measured the CFM (I don't recall exactly how, this was years ago) of various fan setups, and they were able to prove that using multiple fans on top of each other actually decreased airflow. The problem is that using more than one fan creates a fair amount of turbulence in the airflow which prevents it from getting from one side to the other as fast as it should.

No... I have a 50mm fan shroud. Read my signature.

Fatback

VIP Member
That's nice man! I have always liked open case systems but I could never have one myself. I have that same exact keyboard, I could have something better but its all I need. Plus I love the volume control on it.

meticadpa

That's nice man! I have always liked open case systems but I could never have one myself. I have that same exact keyboard, I could have something better but its all I need. Plus I love the volume control on it.

yep, the keyboard is a little basic, but I share the same thoughts as you. If I can type at 100 WPM on here, then I don't really feel that it's bottlenecking my capabilities... though I am still thinking of getting a mechanical keyboard.