My Video Camera / Windows XP thing doesn't work

musicatwood

I just made my speech for my speech class with a camcorder, and I used a USB cord with XP. I went to My Computer and the icon was USB Video Device. I opened it up, and there was a yellow-ish rectangle thing that I can't move, select, or do anything to. when my video camera was set on display, I could view the video on the computer by playing it using the controls on the video camera. I tried importing it to Windows Movie Maker, copying it, moving it, making a shortcut, saving it in a file, and nothing will work on it. PLEASE HELP.

The thing doesn't work whenever it is turned off, and it doesn't work in any other mode. When I move my mouse over the icon that says USB Video Device, it says "Opens your camera and displays the pictures on it". I don't want a picture, I want the video. and when I go inside, it says there are no pictures. there's just that rectangle thing, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I borrowed this from a friend, so I don't have the original box it came in.

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Would you be able to get a screen shot of the "yellow-ish rectangle"?
Also if you would be able to post the camera make and model that would be great.

Thanks
Bob