My View. Pc is Better than Mac.

CPTMuller

My graphics class in school only used macs. Photoshop ran so horrible on it... my Pentium 2, 266mhz and 512ram ran it 50x better than those macs did =/.

Apple is so proud that mac has few viruses. It's only because macs are not widely used compared to PC's =P.

Yeah my school used those revered macs (im not sure which they had the little bubble at the bottom with and arm onto some flat panels). Basically my friends IBM x40 (pentium m ULV(1.0GHZ) 512 mb of ram) slaughtered the performance of these, and it was equally new. I also would like to point out the equally old mac laptops got less battery life and were bigger/heavier. In general peoples personal laptops outstrip the school macs for less money.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Sec.

OK. For the price comparison, Did we compare the unit I linked you with better than mac specs at a LOWER PRICE without coupons that can take alot off of the price.

The one you linked did not have all the features a Mac laptop comes with standard. You can't compare one that does not have the same features, it is just not a good comparison at all. So, yes you have to factor in the built in blue tooth, the abg wifi, etc etc, the camera, etc. If you don't then its not a fair comparison because third party hardware add ons would raise the price of the laptop.

If you know what you are getting from a mac, who manafacturers the motherboard? I mean really somebody has to make the the mobo and I DOUBT Apple does it (no eviddence admitedly, but where is yours?).

Well, intel and LG do a lot of the manufacturing (or whomever intel out sources) and Apple designs them chip for chip, bus for bus, where as other companies just buy what is already made, so developement cost is higher on a mac because Apple is also a hardware company.

Whats FOSS?

FOSS = Free Open Source Software

Ever heard of linux that runs on ANY windows PC, beat that open source. Beyond that there is plenty of OS stuff for windows. My favorite being Rocket Dock. Walk around a lan party or somesuch you will see there is a huge OS community and windows-modding community.

Again, almost anything worth while on Linux either runs on OS X via Fink and X11 or is ported over to run on OS X natively (cocoa\carbon application). You really don't know anything about OS X it seems, but that is okay.

Ok, My school recently got the Latest mac OS, definately lacks some stuff windows has, but even then Ubuntu Beryl looks pertier than both. Aside from that alt tab? Cmon now its near impossible to use on a mac to any efficiency.

yeah, okay, nice comment here. Beryl is a window manager that is not bound to any distro such as ubuntu, and both Gnome and KDE environments leave a lot to be desired. Vista's Aero is a blatent rip off of OS X's Aqua. This statement erally has no meaning in it, and does not prove anything.

IIRC 5 years ago the standard for a high end machine was approaching 512mb ram. Ofcourse a high end machine (older) can run a new OS that really is NOT that taxing on the components.

Show me a 7 year old laptop (that came out in year 2000) that actually runs vista with all its features. Then I will shut up, until then this statement, however has some valid points, does not prove what I said wrong. A year 2000 powerbook can run OS X 10.4.9 with every feature enabled.

1; PCs CAN record audio and video aswell as record. If your using dell as an example check out the 1210.

Yeah right, well windows movie maker blows goats, and when I mean record and render audio, I am talking about garage band. You know, having multiple tracks of audio, like recording music and editing music. You can not do this out of the box with a PC. iMovie and iDVD allow you to load video, edit it, do some post effects and Author it (as in give it a full set of DVD menus) none of this is standard on windows. Sorry, you are wrong.
2; see above.
see above
3; Windows movie maker. Works has some nice stuff, you kinda sorta got me there.
To my knowledge, and yes I admit this is very limited knowledge because I have only used windows movie maker like twice or maybe three times, there is NO WAY to author a DVD. Authoring a DVD gives it full sets of DVD menus and makes it compatible with stand alone dvd players, aka puts your moive in the whole VIDEO_TS folder with the .VOB format.
4; sync to a device; shocker, my windows laptop does and will continue to do that
Again, wrong. With isync and icalendar I can natively with the built in bluetooth synch contacts, caldendar dates, emails, etc. These are features built into the OS with default applications, Windows does not have this.
5; lie. I can and open source will let me if my manafacturer will not.
Nope, this is not a lie, one of the very first things I did after installing vista on my computer at work was load a DVD movie. It would not play with out me downloading codecs. Still cannot play a DVD out of the box. Again, I am talking built in features with out downloading software. If you want to bring open source into this debate the Mac will win by far, and don't bring up Linux because everyone tries to use it but they always give up in the end.
6; Refer to a different model Asus, better GPU same other specs, has the camera.
Didn't see the link, sorry was it posted on this thread?
7; Yeah you can spend more money on a mac to run windows.
Most people on this forum already have a license to windows, and most people switching over to Mac already own a copy of windows, so whats your point?

Oh, Right click by default anyone?
(Control + click does NOT count.)

Again, you are putting out misinformation. Even though I hate apple mice personally and never use them, they have been using the "mighty mouse" for quite some time now on the Apple platform which has multiple buttons which are programmable and which also has a right click. If you hook up any usb mouse OS X automatically supports it and automatically maps ctrl + click to right click.

CPTMuller

The one you linked did not have all the features a Mac laptop comes with standard. You can't compare one that does not have the same features, it is just not a good comparison at all. So, yes you have to factor in the built in blue tooth, the abg wifi, etc etc, the camera, etc. If you don't then its not a fair comparison because third party hardware add ons would raise the price of the laptop.

Yeah. For this statement RIGHT HERE I don't like you. I added ABGN wireless and bluetooth.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220123
for the price difference between a stock mac pro and this you can easily get ANY wifi card and more ram....

Well, intel and LG do a lot of the manufacturing (or whomever intel out sources) and Apple designs them chip for chip, bus for bus, where as other companies just buy what is already made, so developement cost is higher on a mac because Apple is also a hardware company.

No There are several main companies who make most laptops designed by companies like Asus and HP and Dell. Why should you pay more to get one from Apple when VERY simmalar things are done through other companies.

I would dig up the thread, but you might spread lies there.

Vista's Aero is a blatent rip off of OS X's Aqua
So your telling me I can get the "pretty" features of osx in windows now?

Again, wrong. With isync and icalendar I can natively with the built in bluetooth synch contacts, caldendar dates, emails, etc. These are features built into the OS with default applications, Windows does not have this.

Fine, but with the price difference you can buy the software TWICE over. If you do not need this or even want this it is just more flexibility which you can not get with a mac.

Nope, this is not a lie, one of the very first things I did after installing vista on my computer at work was load a DVD movie. It would not play with out me downloading codecs. Still cannot play a DVD out of the box. Again, I am talking built in features with out downloading software. If you want to bring open source into this debate the Mac will win by far, and don't bring up Linux because everyone tries to use it but they always give up in the end.
Ok, thats a sweeping genralization. The only reason I gave up on linux is that the PC I was using to run it got tipped over while powered on and I haven't been bothered to fix it. Beyond that I still run it anyhow. You say I am spreading misinformation? I know plenty of people who use linux on a day to day basis.

Nope, this is not a lie, one of the very first things I did after installing vista on my computer at work was load a DVD movie. It would not play with out me downloading codecs. Still cannot play a DVD out of the box. Again, I am talking built in features with out downloading software.

Ok we are arguing about prebuilt systems here, IIRC no prebuilt system I have ever seen with a dvd drive does not come with proper codecs. Even my home made pc had a set of software with the motherboard to make DVDs and watch them ETC.

Didn't see the link, sorry was it posted on this thread?
My bad. refer to the begining of this post. (there are other simmilar models, but this is the one I have toyed around with in real life courtesy of a friend. Oddly enough he was dualbooting windows and linux, has been since he got it.

Most people on this forum already have a license to windows, and most people switching over to Mac already own a copy of windows, so whats your point?

I don't. Beyond that laptops genrally suplement a PC, and you would be buying this also which would mean that your licensed copy is in use.

Again, you are putting out misinformation. Even though I hate apple mice personally and never use them, they have been using the "mighty mouse" for quite some time now on the Apple platform which has multiple buttons which are programmable and which also has a right click. If you hook up any usb mouse OS X automatically supports it and automatically maps ctrl + click to right click.

Err which model laptop includes one/integrated one into the touchpad?

Irishwhistle

Man, again that is wrong, they aren't over priced at all they are just high end systems. I need to start a thread about misinformation about windows, linux and mac LOL

I agree entirely. I actually think that Windows itself is overprice. Think about it, $300 for Windows Vista (which most of us know is nothing more than a toy) compared to $129 for Mac OS-X Tiger 10.4.6.

Now, compare the software that each OS has. For instance, Windows uses Windows Movie Maker. Sure, it's easy to use and contains basic tools for video editing, but compare that to Mac's iMovie. I think you will all agree how much better iMovie is. It contains TONS of tools that WMM does not. No matter how far you look and compare I am sure you will all agree that Mac's software is MUCH better than Window's.

I should probably be fair to Windows by saying that I don't do any gaming so I don't really care a thing about Windows. Still remember that, even if you do want to do gaming, you can simply run Windows off Mac.

~Jordan

CPTMuller

Windows off a mac creates some lag. And in my expierience is not that great for the money (CS:S on a 15.4" mbp 2gigs rame core duo...)

I guess you have to not like gaming on the go to really enjoy a mac to its fullest potential, I myself don't like the os either, so it really is hard to understand why a mac is so appealing.

bratton

for arch: ferraris ARE stupid :), and i use my girlfriends mac book

HOWEVER, concerning the hand-made issue, for something that doesnt use abusive child/sweat shot labor or animal testing, i would pay more

tlarkin: ty for finally using facts instead of simply "ignorantignorant". im sorry i missed it

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
well the Asus laptop is a fairly good deal you posted, I did not see a built in camera (on the pics), Firewire 800, it does not specify what type of built in bluetooth it has, but never the less not a bad deal. It does ship w/ win xp so you would also be spending more for an OS upgrade.

I am not saying that you can dig out a better deal with a PC, I am saying that when people generalize about macs being way over priced they are typically wrong. So let me add some of the features, and to be fair I'll use newegg since they have good prices. I agree @ $1,498.99 that is a good deal, and asus make decent hardware.

FW web cam or equivalent = $64.99 (it lists a web cam in your specs but the pics do not show one...so we can take this out)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830108132

bluetooth 2.0 ERD = 29.99 (it doesn't specify if your laptop is Bluetooth, or Bluetooth ERD 2.0, it makes a difference as in BT 2.0 is twice as fast)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127117

5 button media remote or equiv = 38.99 this was the closest I could find
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880100851

FW 800 adapter = 85.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16839104010

software:

video editing - this seems to be the closest thing to imovie $89.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832135006

Audio editing - this is hard because garage band is basically a entry level version of logic audio or pro tools because you can edit multiple tracks of audio - I am going to say this will cost anywhere from $100 to $400 depending on what app you want to use and each one will have different qualities, to split the difference for arguments sake I will say $200
here is a link to possible products
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0350376+1305320468&name=Audio/Video+Utilities

iDVD equivalent = 73.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832105073

iphoto equivalent = I am going to say $30 to 50 dollars for somethng that does something similar, there are a plethora of apps you can choose from for minor photo editing, organizing, making slides shows and adding music tracks to them. For pricing I will give you the low end of $30.00

syncronization software = again this is another hard one to compare because isync will syncronize anything from cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices, with your calendar, contacts, emails, appointments, address book, etc. it will work via blue tooth, via usb, etc. I am googling now for an equivalent but can't find one. Vista apparently has windows mobile sync built in, but your laptop would cost you probably another $200 (or whatever the upgrade cost is) for vista. I know that motorolla has a tool kit that costs around $50.00 that does the same thing, but it is its own software where as isync can be used to synch with many apps like ical and address book and your email client. I have no experience with the vista end. Plus the motorolla software obviously only works with motorolls phones, where as isync works with my nokia phone, my motorolls phone (my old phone) and it worked with my Palm, which I never used and gave back to my work since I have a laptop instead. I am going to say, upgrade to vista time, or purchase seperate apps, I'll guess around $150.00 would suffice.

okay so I have only scratched the surface of what is included in a mac so lets add it up now:

If you were to purchase all the extras I added it up as being $594.97. Please note that I did not add in the additional cost of the built in camera or bluetooth because I could not verify that they were included on the newegg site, so that would be an additional $94.98 if they did not meet the specs of what the Macbook Pro has standard.

add that to the price of the laptop = 1,498.99 + 594.97 = $2093.96, which the standard Mac book Pro starts at 1999.00. This is not including the camera or the bluetooth. I left that out because the specs listed on newegg seemed to be misleading, but they are listed so I left them out.

Please note that I haven't broken down feature to feature comparisions but I have done a pretty fair job. I would say that the laptops are evenly priced for what they are capable of doing. The downside on the Mac is, if you didn't need all those features you pay for them anyways, so perhaps the Asus laptop would be a better choice.

Now, if I compared every single function the Mac could do over that Asus then I could probably add tons of more money to the overall cost of the Asus laptop to actually make it comparable to the Mac. So, do you see where I say they are not over priced and that they are high end machines? I am not saying they would be the best end user solution to everyone's needs, but I am saying that just stating they are over priced is a wrong and ignorant statement.

If anyone else can find better products that more match the functionality of a Mac adjust my pricing and see where it stands. I obviously haven't used every software package out of there. For arguments sake leave open source software out, because like I stated earlier, OS X runs linux software natively for the most part.

Oh for some this matters and for some it doesn't, both those laptops weigh about the same with the only difference of the mac being 1" thick

macbook pro dimensions = 1 x 14.1 x 9.6 inches

Asus deminsions = 13.19" x 9.65" x 1.37-1.46"

The thinner the better IMO for laptops, but I use my laptop for work not for gaming or LAN parties.

Last edited:

CPTMuller

Whats iDVD for? Burning or watching? Also what specifically is iPhoto like a basic photoshop?

Anyone who does serious video editing buys something like adobe premiere elements, which I got packaged with photoshop for 140$
Vista upgrade is around 100 from XP IIRC.

It is ignorant to think that they are not overpriced for someone who does not use every bit of the software because you can get it from alternatives that work well on windows if the time comes that you need it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220137

This is the same price and has vista. so it is a little less, but you get right click and alot better software compatabilty (Although Apple has come a long way in those regards)

Edit: Oh, BTW where does it list that you get all those apps, I believe that you do but simply cannot find it.

Cheper for a still better graphics card.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...856+1040225580&name=ATI+Mobility+Radeon+X1700

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
every single new mac comes bundled with ilife 06, soon to be ilife 07 when the new one rolls out this year

here are the basic features

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=4204052C&nplm=MA166Z/A

I forgot to add in iweb, the built in web editor for building websites. iComic is also a cool new one that I forgot to add in as well. It is a template based application to making and publishing your own online comic. I have messed with it a bit and made a few cool things. It is kind of part of iweb, iweb has blogging tools, web building tools, etc that would help anyone maintain a personal website.

I work in education, as part of the technology devision. Computer Applications is being taught at the kindergarden/1st grade level now. Meaning by the time a kid gets into highschool these days they will already be way more computer savy than a lot of people. In fact they call the new generation of kids coming out generation I, for internet, because these kids will have basic knowledge of computer application beyond what most people have now. I am willing to bet the future generation of computer users do seek all those features. granted, I don't do much with every feature on my Mac book pro, but albeit, I like the fact that they are there in case I would want to do something like that. I would imagine that more and more people are leaning to build web pages, edit audio and video, and would want all those features. I think it is growing and growing all the time how broad a user will use a computer.

iPhoto is a organizational tool. Plug in any camera into your mac (seriously no software needed) and it automatically transfers photos over and puts them into albums and organizes them for you. you get real basic photo editing options like cropping, red eye, resize, etc. The ability to make slide shows and burn them on DVD/CD or import your slide show into iMovie and give it more post effects with voice over, etc. It is not as powerful as say, photoshop, or even photoshop elements, but it has features that are broader than just photo editing. So, it is a hard product to compare, but never the less a very useful built in product. Since the release of iPhoto (i think in OS 10.2) I haven't even bothered loading and organizing digital photos on a PC, iphoto does such a great job of doing it and it is extremely easy that I never went back. When I need to mail out, say a DVD of high quality digital pics to a family member, I simply select the album(s) I want to add to the dvd, and click the burn button. It is very intuitive.

iMovie now supports HD

iDVD is authoring software, you know when you want to publish a DVD in wide screen, standard, with menus, chapters, extras, etc. Standard burning software does not have this. Adobe made a product that did this called Encore, google it. Apple has it built in.

**EDIT**

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220127

That laptop would be the fairest comparison to a macbook pro spec for spec not including software and it is listed at $1898, 100 less than a Macbook pro. that right there should show you that it is not over priced considering all the features and software you get in addition for that $100. Actually, if I were in the market for a PC laptop, that last Asus you linked is pretty tempting.

Last edited:

CPTMuller

I just cant understand paying for that software to get less performance and features I will replace or not use. Using just windows I send out pictures and slide shows without any special program. Because I use the Adobe software, and hace grown to like it there is no way that I could justify paying a couple hundred dollars to get it out of the basic apple software. Windows does include many of these software applications in a more primitive form which allows you to experiment and decide if it is worth buying a nice software suite to do more complex things. This is one thing that I definatly prefer because I do edit photos and videos and I like having good software to do it with. As far as web site building and blogging I currently use Google to blog, and my youngest brother uses the Freewebs browser based client to work on his little site. Both of which you can use on a mac or PC equally which defeats the point of having a software suite to do it. Beyond that depending on the PC manafacturer they come with certain application suites. My laptop came with Roxio DvD making software. I dont use it but if you deem that software a selling point it must be taken into consideration.

zedman_1000

Well about all this Price comparison stuff. The one where you compared dell to mac is about dumb. It was about 100 bucks more for the dell BUT. You had a graphics card that slaughtered the one mac had and dell isnt the cheapest thing ever. And nice little argument again here... lol.

And about trial software on pc's (if you read it on the site already nvm but..).
Pc's arnt controlled by one manafacturer like macs are, so no one person can quality check what programs go on them.

Zedman.

tlarkin

VIP Member
what built in apps in windows do you use for doing the same thing as iphoto, I am curious? Also, adobe suites can cost major dollars, and apple can run all of them as well as a PC can, so I see that as a non issue.

the thing about ilife is, though, is that all the apps tie in together, so you can import/export mulitple projects into many different applications, thats what makes it so verisitle. It is also intuitive. not everyone is a video producer, or a web developer. Apple makes these applications easy to use so joe every man can do them, and with the powerful band end of unix and apple script, and other ways of customizing OS X behind the scenes give power users a very robust set of things to do.

I used to think along the exact same lines man. I used to think apple products were way over priced, until I started actually using every feature on a mac. Then I realized how great systems they are, and having those features opens up those things. Then I realized you can't say they are over priced because they offer a TON of features that no other platform does out of the box. They are stable, there are NO known self propagating viruses on the OS X platform and no one has been able to remotely root an Apple machine yet. They even have contests and awarded a guy 10K for finding a security loop in OS X, which actually wasn't Apple's fault, it was an exploit in Java, so feasibly that same exploit can be used on any OS running JRE.

Also, CSS and HL2 run a maxxed seetings on my Macbook Pro, though mine as the C2D, now the Core Duo.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
Well about all this Price comparison stuff. The one where you compared dell to mac is about dumb. It was about 100 bucks more for the dell BUT. You had a graphics card that slaughtered the one mac had and dell isnt the cheapest thing ever. And nice little argument again here... lol.

And about trial software on pc's (if you read it on the site already nvm but..).
Pc's arnt controlled by one manafacturer like macs are, so no one person can quality check what programs go on them.

Zedman.

First off, video cards only matter in gaming for the most part. So, you are limiting the use of the laptop already by saying gaming matters most.

Secondly, I already took out open source software from the argument, it really is not fair when comparing both platforms. Mainly because, A) it is not part of the system, and B) OS X has way more open source solutions than windows.

The lack of quality control is why the windows OS is inferior to all other OSes, because of its design and it lacks quality control. The advantage is you can go out and buy the cheapest PC you want with the crappiest hardware in it, but at the same time, you aren't guaranteed anything will work with it. With an apple product you lose some of the third party options (which yes I think this DOES matter) but at the same time it has way higher quality control.

Again, someone find me a laptop that was manufactured in year 2000 running windows vista will all its features enabled. Look at ebay for G4 Powerbooks and hell G3 ibooks and G3 powerbooks, some of them are still running to this day and running tiger with all its features enabled, fully running the Aqua OpenGL desktop. Of course a newer machine will run it faster because of the hardware spec difference, but again the older ones perform better than you think.

I work with 10,000 computers and about a 7% ish mac popluation out of that 10k I can tell you right now, I replace more bad hardware out of the PC side than I do the mac. In fact I maybe have to repair under a dozen macs a year hardware wise, where as PCs, I have something fail almost daily on me on at least one machine. The results about quality control speak for themself.

Irishwhistle

Zedman.

Have you ever heard of Mac OS-Xx86? If not, it's Mac that runs on a PC. Windows is run by Microsoft just like Mac is run by Apple. Mac OS-X can run on a lot of different types of systems too.

~Jordan

CPTMuller

IIRC they hacked part of safari, that was utilizing JRE, not JRE itself. Which is like saying someone hacked the C++ programming language not the program written in it....

Again, someone find me a laptop that was manufactured in year 2000 running windows vista will all its features enabled. Look at ebay for G4 Powerbooks and hell G3 ibooks and G3 powerbooks, some of them are still running to this day and running tiger with all its features enabled, fully running the Aqua OpenGL desktop. Of course a newer machine will run it faster because of the hardware spec difference, but again the older ones perform better than you think.

If I understand this then you mean the little colorful macs that really looked like clamshells? Ill be shocked if they run the latest os with all of the features. Those things used to lag when running Microsoft office 2003!
Also this is a completely rediculous comparison because of the fact that Vista was written with a 1gb of ram minimum in mind, to run on modern and future PCs not to run on every joe schmoes emachines box from '99.

Eh, ebayed some G3 Ibooks, YOU are the spreader of misinformation. The average early G3 Ibook is based on 128 mb. of ram and a 6gb hd.Hardware Requirements

* PowerPC G5, G4 or G3 processor
* Built-in FireWire
* DVD drive is required for installation
* At least 256MB of physical RAM
Good luck installing with only half of the ram. This info is a direct quote from the apple requirements.

Even if you upgrade and install it will take up half of the HDD.

And you need an external DVD drive.

Edit 3: the later units were at a 30gig drive and 640mb of ram after upgrades.... Which is enough...
My school is using G4 Ibooks, and they die all the time. Beyond that the network which is run on some Apple system dies alot (even with the IT guys up there.)

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
Well, if you read through the specs it required that the machine had FW built in. The earliest models of G3 ibooks did not have FW. Those are not supported, but if you go to mac user web sites you will see people have gotten it to work. Panther had a major overhaul in Aqua and required a beefier video card, but either way the system requirements for OS X are way lower than vista.

Plus, vista has been in development for 6 years, and after 6 years this is what MS puts out? OS X has been out since circa 2001, so it has also been out about 6 years. Now compare the end products, and just wait for Leopard to come out.

If you can't make the logical comparison of what I have stated then you have failed to see what I am explaining. I think you are just biased against the mac platform.

Either way, people spread tons of misinformation about comparing the two and just do not ever make actual factual comparisons.

No, I am talking about power books, not the clamshell ibooks, which can be upgraded to 512mb of ram. I know because I used to have a 400Mhz blue clam shell ibook which I tossed more ram in and loaded OSX 10.2 on it. Then gave it to my little brother before he got his new iMac. So, yeah you can get those old laptops to run the newer OS.

Oh, and for the expoit that was made. First they had to bend the rules of exploit, and it used java to exploit safari you are correct, but it is a webkit based browser. So, in reality the exploit effects all webkit based browsers, which would include a ton that run on windows. So all your open source web borwers are based on the same technology as webkit browsers. The flaw is with java, not with anything OS X did. It is also unclear the exact nature of the hack because they never fully disclosed it. Apple, since then has released two security updates, which I think may have patched (but not fixed the java problem) the webkit to make the exploit no longer work. Google webkits and frameworks. you will see that the most popular web browser in the world, aka the mozilla project, usese this exact technology.

Either way, its only one known exploit for OS X where as there are TONS for windows. We still don't know the details, and I don't trust the media to report it properly either.

Last edited:

tommy25

Blahhh Blahhh Blahhh

How many times is everyone going to argue about this!?! Both have pros and cons, it just depends on what you want to use it for. But carry on for a few more pointless pages......

Irishwhistle

Blahhh Blahhh Blahhh

How many times is everyone going to argue about this!?! Both have pros and cons, it just depends on what you want to use it for. But carry on for a few more pointless pages......

I'm afraid that you are mistaken, Windows doesn't have any Pros (just Cons). :D