My Web Articles

Lilian890

I have made a site about parrots. Everyday I write articles and news about parrots for my visitors. I made my site in English, and write all the articles also in English. The problem is that I am not a native English speaker. So if visitors notice my mistakes, what can be? Will they dislike my site? How to avoid this problem? Copy the whole articles form other sites? Will that be Copyright infringement? Have you ever met sites written by non-native speakers?

_Pete_

I look at a lot of websites and buy a lot of stuff from Ebay. I come across a lot of websites and adverts written by people who's first language is not English. It doesn't bother me and I am able to understand what the writer is trying to convey. You will always find someone who wants to belittle you on the internet. It doesn't matter whether your english is perfect or not someone somewhere will try to knock it/you down. It happens on this forum and other forums. It happens in Facebook and other social media applications. Some will dislike your web pages no matter what. The only thing I will say is that because you are writing factual pages about a specific subject then you do have to get your facts right and because you are aiming at an english audience, presumably, then you do need to get everything as correct as you can. Not to appease those that may not like your site but to ensure that what you are talking about is factually correct. If you get bad feedback take it on board and use that feedback to develope your site. Likewise use the good feedback for the same reason that way aiming it at the people who do actually have an interest in parrots and like reading your site.