My Website for a Project

Discussion in 'Internet Discussion' started by Outwore, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Outwore

Outwore New Member

Hello everyone,

I have been recently assigned to a project to make a website about a certain topic, and I really need your feedback! Anything would help, so please, even if its a negative or positive comment, review my website! Thanks a lot!

This website is about the differences about computer parts now and then. I have also included about 3 or 4 tips before building a computer! Hopefully I informed you about a thing or two.

URL: computerdifferences.strikingly.com
    :)

2. Deerling7

Deerling7 Active Member

It looks very pleasing to the eye :). However the white text against the pinkish background is very hard to distinguish, you may want to change that. I'm not a fan of the picture either, it doesn't blend in very well.

The HTML code is a bit messy in my opinion, but, eh.

This forum may be useful to you if you continue scripting or programming, I use it occasionally:
    https://stackoverflow.com/

EDIT: The links on the sidebar do not work.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  3. UnholyVision

UnholyVision Member

Before this is considered advertisement. My suggestion is remove your dependency on Google. You're using ajax.googleapi and gstatic, uggh. As soon as my system sees such things Google it blocks everything Google. I don't agree with everything the Free Software Movement promotes, but this very one I have to agree with.
    https://www.gnu.org/proprietary/malware-google.html

Deerling7 likes this.
  4. Deerling7

Deerling7 Active Member

I was thinking if this would be considered advertisement, but in my opinion I think no. I'm not sure what the staff will think, but he's just a high-school Freshmen asking for opinions on his website, so I think this post is ok.

I'm not a staff member though so my opinion doesn't matter anyways lol. :p

5. Outwore

Outwore New Member

Ok thanks for the feedback hopefully I can be able to fix the links on the sidebar.

6. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Well-Known Member

Your website lacks content.