Myspace

happeharkore

Everytime I try to get into the website with any browser I get this message, "The page isn't redirecting properly"

the other computer in the house can go there fine, and none of my friends are having trouble getting into their myspace's. and its only that website. any ideas on what might be causing this?

happeharkore

Im using Firefox normally, but i have tried IE7 and Opera too. I tried to open it up on one of those proxy websites like http://amyspaceproxy.com/

and i was able to log in from there. this is my computer so there is no blocks on here at all.

i dont know what the problem could be :-\

ghost

Do you have COOKIES enabled on the PC your having trouble with? if not im guessing thats your probelm.

ghost

bugger, have you got firewall and anti-spyware installed?
If so do a system scan just to be on the safe side...

kobaj

VIP Member
Umm, myspace sucks why would you want it to work?

But considering my sister is having the same problem, I suppose I can help. :p

Go to firefox>tools>options>privacy>accept cookies from sites/keep untill they expire.

Then go to exceptions and type in http://www.myspace.com and click allow. Then Close.

Next click show cookies, and click remove all cookies.

Click ok at the bottum of the options box.

Go to myspace.com fixed my sisters computer, good luck with yours.

EDIT: I also ran an ad-aware scan.

Last edited:

happeharkore

I ran a adaware scan and it found nothing, then did exactly what you said, and then ran the scan again. at first it let me see the homepage but still not login, and now i cant even see the homepage again :-\

surgedude

same is happening to me tried all that stuff tried it on different computers on different opperating systems and still not working i think its something myspace is doing just do what i did and click contact myspace if you can use a proxy if you have to

kobaj

VIP Member
Hmm, My sister just came running back to me "IT DOESNT WORK, YOU BROKE IT!" :rolleyes:

Perhaps your right, its not the computers fault, but a new update by myspace. It doesnt work on any of the other computers in my house either.

By any chance are all your computers connected to a router and a modem? Thats all I can think of, I have a belkin router and a yahoo dsl 2wire modem. What do you have? Its most likely that, and I really dont care enough about mypos....I mean myspace to go and change my router/modem settings considering every other webpage on the internet is working.

Good luck with the proxy, I tried one and it said that since myspace logs in with a secure connection it wouldnt let me continue. I googled some others but they all wanted downloads.

If you do find a proxy, feel free to post it, I would like to get this monkey...I mean my sister off my back.

surgedude

yeah i can get to the homepage through the proxy but can't log in or anything so i sent a message to them but i doubt they will reply anything i've heard they don't. as for the router thing im on the conection in my dorm so i wouldn't know what type

happeharkore

I am hooked up thru a router, but i also unplugged the router and hooked it up directly to my computer and that didnt work either :-\

happeharkore

well for some reason when i typed 216.178.32.50 into the address bar, i was able to login, and now i can just go to myspace.com and it will work without a problem. i hope it stays that way.....

happeharkore

and I found this also on another forum:

This is something that should help you kids understand what the myspace team is up against w/ this "wonderful" new problem, and make you thankful for the protection of FF.

"MySpace got hacked again this week. Some users get sent to a ficticious log in page that looks like the real one. It captures your user name and password. These can then be used to get into your account and collect your personal information."

The error messages you are getting from all three browsers is because your security settings are strict enough that the hack doesn't work on your computer.

Myspace will be back up on 04 Feb 07 14:20 hrs EST. :) Enjoy the wait lol.