n00b question

Dsk954

Sorry for sounding like a person who doesn't know anything about computers but I really don't have too much experience with hardware besides the basic building of my rig. Now for the question: I upgraded my mobo a couple years ago after finding that the other was damaged from a power surge and I completly lost the box/documents for the mobo :eek: . Now, what I wanna do is upgrade my cpu so I need to know the specs of my mobo but I don't know how to find what company/name of my mobo is, is there a place to find that out on the mobo itself without completly ripping it out of my case? Is there a way to check in the BIOS or something?

Thanks in advance,
Dsk954

P11

VIP Member
normally if you go to control panel>performace and maintenance>system you should see it under system information..BTW this is for Win Xp

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
ya there's many ways :).. one is bios another is usualy as the computer boots another is to goto run and type dxdiag and you'll see it under System and the list just goes on and on :).. hope some of that helps.

Oh ya LOL, another is to take off the side panel and just peek inside 9x out of ten it'll be real visibly printed on the mobo itself.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Now, what I wanna do is upgrade my cpu so I need to know the specs of my mobo but I don't know how to find what company/name of my mobo is, is there a place to find that out on the mobo itself without completly ripping it out of my case
Something like CPUz or PCWizard will tell you craploads (both are free). CPUz dumps to a standard HTML file too. Both can be had at www.cpuid.com