Names of File Transfer Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Mail Man

Bloody hell Da Mail Man, I thought you may have mellowed over the few years on this forum, you're just as cantankerous and definitely hard work. I don't think anyone has the answer you are looking for, only alternative ways.

Go put your feet up and take some happy pills. :p

bloody hell yourself:D...

1...fact; i asked for NAMES and only that in my original 1st post.

2...fact, in i believe all the posts, nobody stuck with what was asked for as requested...

3...fact, in almost every response although happy that i received some, there were alternative suggestions which was not asked for.

4...fact, i had reiterated my request at least 3 times to try to keep the responses on track and as anyone can clearly read, it didn't work...

5...fact, i am not being difficult or any other moniker you can hang on it/me , i am just bewildered as to why nobody can stick directly what was asked for and insist on posting simply what they choose in spite of what was asked for, especially after my responses to in effect, refrain from doing so...

jamesd1981

...well, while i don't claim to know it all, i will say that your information is not correct, respectfully....

yes i could be wrong maybe theres is some magical way of getting files from one machine to another without using cables, wireless or usb drives or discs if anyone knows of this magical way please let us all know we will save a fortune in hardware.

tlarkin

VIP Member

ok, let me try this again;

**what i am looking for is the name of a few "self-configuring" file transfer programs (NOT cisco network pro or any ftp or web based) that i can utilize my cross-over cables to effectuate this arduous and irritating task**....nothing else, no work arounds, no get this or do that, etc......

No such thing, there is nothing that automatically just knows your set up. That is why networking peer to peer clients must be configured by a human.

It is very simple to map a shared drive over Windows, why not just do that, but we are going to need some more info. What versions of windows are you running on these two machines.

Networking requires a machine be on a subnet and have DNS and an IP that will allow it to talk to other computers. It is just like the mail system, everyone has an address and a zip code, and that is how the mail system knows where something goes. Just like in networking, when something goes over the network from one client to another or to a server, they know where to go be the IP Address is assigned to that computer.

Da Mail Man

yes i could be wrong maybe theres is some magical way of getting files from one machine to another without using cables, wireless or usb drives or discs if anyone knows of this magical way please let us all know we will save a fortune in hardware.

.....unbelievable:rolleyes:....read what i wrote and try to comprehend!....NOBODY (maybe except you) said anything about cables....again, this post yields NO requested program names.....you should know by now that cables are required for the applications which i seek..does a cross-over cable ring a bell??...it is the program, installed on/in the computer(s) that, when installed in BOTH computers do whatever configuring that is needed without me having to do any at all (that is what automatic is as opposed to manually being done by the user)....

and your sarcastic comment as follows;

"...without using cables, wireless or usb drives or discs if anyone knows of this magical way please let us all know we will save a fortune in hardware...."

can only be followed up with;.." if i knew how to do that, i wouldn't waste the time telling you about it as you SURELY WOULDN'T"T UNDERSTAND IT IN PRINT ANYWAY, as clearly reflected by some of your posts here...

Da Mail Man

No such thing, there is nothing that automatically just knows your set up. That is why networking peer to peer clients must be configured by a human.

It is very simple to map a shared drive over Windows, why not just do that, but we are going to need some more info. What versions of windows are you running on these two machines.

Networking requires a machine be on a subnet and have DNS and an IP that will allow it to talk to other computers. It is just like the mail system, everyone has an address and a zip code, and that is how the mail system knows where something goes. Just like in networking, when something goes over the network from one client to another or to a server, they know where to go be the IP Address is assigned to that computer.

No such thing, there is nothing that automatically just knows your set up.
NOT SAYING THAT AT ALL..WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT THERE IS AT LEAST 1 PROGRAM OUT THERE AND I HAVE MENTIONED IT NUMEROUS TIMES HERE THAT DOES NOT DOES NOT REQUIRE ME TO CHANGE ANYTHING AND IT WORKS AS EVIDENCED BY A RELATIVE AND MYSELF BEFORE IT CRAPPED OUT. IT WAS HOWEVER ABLE TO DOE A FEW TRANSFERS WHEN I USED IT. THAT IS A FACT.

That is why networking peer to peer clients must be configured by a human.
IS P2P WEB BASED WHICH IS NOT NOT NOT WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR. I AM LOOKING FOR ONE COMPUTER, 12'' AWAY FROM ANOTHER COMPUTER, ATTACHED WITH A CABLE, RUNNING A PROGRAM, TRANSFERRING FILES BETWEEN THE TWO W/OUT ME HAVING TO CONFIGURE ANYTHING..AGAIN, ALOHABOB DOES THIS AS I HAD MENTIONED.

It is very simple to map a shared drive over Windows, why not just do that,
AGAIN, RE-READ MY INITIAL POST(S)....I HAVE ASKED FOR A SPECIFIC THING OR INFORMATION IN MY POST AND NEED NOTHING MORE....ALL I AM GETTING FROM MOST OF THOSE RESPONDING IS EVERYTHING BUT...........I AM APPRECIATIVE FOR THE RESPONSES AND SIMPLY HAVE TO KEEP DISCARDING THE ONES THAT DON'T FIT WHAT I ASKED FOR AS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED.

but we are going to need some more info.
SEE ABOVE INFO

What versions of windows are you running on these two machines.
SEE ABOVE INFO

Networking requires a machine be on a subnet and have DNS and an IP that will allow it to talk to other computers.
SEE ABOVE INFO

It is just like the mail system, everyone has an address and a zip code, and that is how the mail system knows where something goes. Just like in networking, when something goes over the network from one client to another or to a server, they know where to go be the IP Address is assigned to that computer.
SEE ABOVE INFO..I AM NOT YELLING IN CAPS, JUST DIFFERENTIATING BETWEEN THE TWO TEXTS...

Considering you are being so rude to the people who are only trying to help you, I declare no one EVER help this guy. If he is not going to be patient with the only people trying to help him, then to hell with you. Everyone on this forum I have met has been very kind and helpful, you should not treat these members with such disrespect.(To summarize what I just said, GO **** YOUR SELF!) PS: You live in the United States of America, learn how to speak some proper ****ing English. (Excuse my profanity in this post)

Last edited:

Da Mail Man

Considering you are being so rude to the people who are only trying to help you,
**no, i am not!..it seems to be impossible to keep the responders in focus as to what i seek..the harder i try to advocate what i want, the more blunt i have to be...i asked for names, did YOU see any that were provided?..no, because there weren't any...i got anything but...

I declare no one EVER help this guy.
"YOU" declare?..haahah....since when do YOU decide for everyone else?..do you think that they cannot decide for themselves that you have to step up?..if they or anyone does not ant to help me, fine, so be it but, i would urge anyone to read the thread all the way through and clearly see that i was furnished information i did not request and thusly, am now being accused by some computer hard guy of being rude for meerely trying to keep the focus and the thread on what i asked instead of flying all over the universe!

If he is not going to be patient with the only people trying to help him, then to hell with you.
pretty brave behind a keyboard and in another state..well, that's a different story and for another time..at any rate, how many posts or replies by me does it take to get anyone to focus on what i was requesting/..huh, how many?...almost every other post i said i was looking for names, not how to do it or anything like that!

Everyone on this forum I have met has been very kind and helpful, you should not treat these members with such disrespect.
i am NOT!..read above!

(To summarize what I just said, GO **** YOUR SELF!)
ohh, so you always fantasize you having sex with men do ya??:eek:.....oh, i see:D:eek:....still i guess the law says we have to be "tolerant" of YOUR "preferences"...:D, brave behind a keyboard!

PS: You live in the United States of American, learn how to speak some proper ****ing English. (Excuse my profanity in this post)
my English is fine...a few years in college, a few in law school, yeah, i am good!

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
This is going no where and, mail man, you're doing nothing but flaming when everyone is trying to help you out. Go elsewhere.

Also, Theblackoutow, your language in post #26 was unacceptable. If you continue to use language like this you'll receive an infraction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.