nas noob questions?

am looking at getting a NAS but have some questions (maybe a NAS is not what i need, not sure).
i'm running win7 64 ultimate and use a western digital tv live to play my media currently stored on my computer.

i'd like to do two things
a) use the NAS to access / play / backup my media files
b) have utorrent running on it, thereby i don't need my pc on all the time and it would save power.

1) is it possible to run a torrent client on a NAS? i use and really like utorrent.
2) will i be able to use utorrent just like i do on my pc if its on a NAS?
3) is it possible to access a NAS from outside your house? ie, somehow through a browser window?
4) would i be able to access files from my phone or tablet? i'm a android person
5) i'd like to keep the power consumption as low as possible, any suggestions?
6) can the files be encrypted?
7) it should be quiet.

thanks for any info

idd1

am looking at getting a NAS but have some questions (maybe a NAS is not what i need, not sure).
i'm running win7 64 ultimate and use a western digital tv live to play my media currently stored on my computer.

i'd like to do two things
a) use the NAS to access / play / backup my media files
b) have utorrent running on it, thereby i don't need my pc on all the time and it would save power.

1) is it possible to run a torrent client on a NAS? i use and really like utorrent.
2) will i be able to use utorrent just like i do on my pc if its on a NAS?
3) is it possible to access a NAS from outside your house? ie, somehow through a browser window?
4) would i be able to access files from my phone or tablet? i'm a android person
5) i'd like to keep the power consumption as low as possible, any suggestions?
6) can the files be encrypted?
7) it should be quiet.

thanks for any info

see here still beta but should be finish soon but in the mean play with it it well kool boot off a usb flash drive as well if you want
http://www.freenas.org/features/item/feature-chart?category_id=108