Nedd internet usage software

I need to install software on my 2 children's computers to limit the amount of time they spend on SPECIFIC sites. It does not have to be stealth because I've already laid down the rules. Also, it needs to be password protected and I don't need to track WHERE they are going. I just want to limit the amount of time they spend on 2 sites. I don't need to block the time they spend on the internet as a whole, but just 2 sites. Because they use the internet for school research and stuff. Does everything I say make sense? LOL

So, I don't want to monitor them, just limit the time they spend on 2 sites. I just don't think spending 5 hrs/day on social networking is healthy.
Oh, and 1 has a mac the other a pc.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

bmtt

Theres a few other threads across the forum about the same sort of thing, you might want to check them out to see if there are some suggestions there.

rick99

Check out related thread I started over in Computer Forum's Internet Discussion forum - I got some good feedback. I mentioned the program I have since installed - Family Cyber Alert, and the Internet Nanny was also referenced.

Seems to me there are two big debates out there as I poke around on forums or talk with people. One is filtering/blocking vs. just monitoring (I'm interested in monitoring), and then whether parents let their kids know they are using such monitoring software - I have decided to, but their are good (and passionate!) arguments on both sides.

Good luck.

1337dingo

agreed with rick as well there are heaps of threads in the forum on the same subject.. also might shed some light on similar issues

paulcheung

Do you use a wireless router? if yes, any chance you have linksys wrt54g or newer? these routers can limit the url usage that you can set the time that particular computers can go to the these urls from specific times for each day.