Need a FPS

Dystopia

Hey guys, I need a good FPS. I'd like something with some gore. Think Timeshift or something similar. Something for the PS3 too, preferably splitscreen so I can play with my brother when we get together. If it doesn't have splitscreen it can be for PC, but needs to run wellon a 2.4GHz C2D, 9400M, 4GB vista laptop.

I've been looking at FEAR 2. I like the original and read that the gameplay is similar but better.

Also thinking about Dead Space.

And, Killzone, anyone?

vroom_skies

VIP Member
F.E.A.R. 2 was an ok game, but fell far from the first imo, still worth a play however.
Have you tried the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series? Not to much gore, but the games are second to none.

Dystopia

F.E.A.R. 2 was an ok game, but fell far from the first imo, still worth a play however.
Have you tried the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series? Not to much gore, but the games are second to none.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is unique, but I don't much care for the gameplay. It feels so odd just moving. I do like the fact that the guns have good kick.

Dystopia

Got ya. That's a shame that you're having a hard time getting into it as they really are great games.

Yeah, thats what everyone keeps telling me.

Kind of like Mass Effect. The game seems good...but I don't like the combat, it is way to simple IMO.

vroom_skies

VIP Member
That's interesting cause I would say for an fps, that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is one of the more tactical based shooters. Given all the choices added with the rpg elements and weapon customization (second and third game) it really can give many options.
What games do you find more challenging?

Dystopia

That's interesting cause I would say for an fps, that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is one of the more tactical based shooters. Given all the choices added with the rpg elements and weapon customization (second and third game) it really can give many options.
What games do you find more challenging?

No, no, re-read the post, I was talking about Mass Effect.

CraigEvander

I played and liked both Bioshock games.
The feeling in those games were grate and those battles with Big Daddy were very fun (you will know what i mean after playing the game).
Start with the 1st one to have an idea over the story.

bm23

Killzone is definitely a good choice. one of the more unique FPS out there. online multiplayer is a blast :)

Dystopia

I had BioShock 2, quite fun, ended up loosing interest.

I'll look into the Killzone series some.

Thanks, anyone else?

have you tried black ops? i for one really dont like it, but it has a split screen online play, which is pretty good, not a good idea for pc tho, too many problems. cod4 for pc. just got it, addicted. same with bf2. bad company 2 for pc or both. orange box.

Dystopia

have you tried black ops? i for one really dont like it, but it has a split screen online play, which is pretty good, not a good idea for pc tho, too many problems. cod4 for pc. just got it, addicted. same with bf2. bad company 2 for pc or both. orange box.

I've played or had all the cod games from Cod 3 - black ops, except world at war. Black Ops is so meh...

Thanks anyway :)

Dystopia

Is it any good? I'd like to get a demo (or something else) before buying it.

Oh, and I'd like the game to be some what inexpensive too :eek: