Need a Game!

Christopher

VIP Member
I'm really board lately, and I'm getting a new video card tomorrow (probably) so I can start playing all the new good games ;)

I really want to get FFXI Online, but it costs about $20 CAD, which I can't afford -- that plan went out the window. So any ideas? I like Strat and RPG games, not too good at Shooters and I get board of racing games pretty fast.

Anyway, if you've got suggestions for a great PC game let me know :D I've got Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2, Warcraft III and Diablo II. I really like those games (not enough to get the expansions though :p).

Christopher

VIP Member
But I suck at FPS on my computer :p Until I invest into a good controller of some sort I've gotta stick to the simple ones that don't need quick reflexes :p (or maybe it's because my videocard is like 4 years old and the framerates are so slow! ;))

I'm into Morrowind now :D

NikeAero1080

I dunno why but I'm still hooked on Team Fortress. I never really got into Counter Strike. I think it pissed me off that every time I played the teams wouldn't do what they are suppose to do. I can't wait until TF2 and HL2 come out.

I played Star Wars Galaxies for about a month then dropped the service. It's a great game. Tons to do and the graphics rock. However, I think the point of the game is lax. Your goal is to complete your professions to be a master of it. Then make money from your profession. First, it's a pain in the @$$ to actually complete any profession. I played for a month straight and was only at 1/8 complete towards my goal. After talking with a few friends I was convinced that once you do reach the goal there isn't a whole lot to do.

Daggerdream

Freedom Force. It is a RTS (That can be paused.) with RPG elements. Sure it is a superhero game, but it is great and has awesome reviews. And its like 10 bucks. And you can create a hero.

Shebobo

I recommend Neverwinter Nights. Based upon Dungeons & Dragons..deep plot and plenty of quests to keep you busy for days.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I recommend Neverwinter Nights. Based upon Dungeons & Dragons..deep plot and plenty of quests to keep you busy for days.
Or if you want "old-school" go with Baldur's Gate II (with or without expansion). Uses ADnD2 rules.

FPS
Painkiller .... one of the funniest, goriest FPS games you can play. The stakegun rules (nothing quite like staking a baddy's head to a wall). Real interactive physics based on the Havoc2 engine (means you run into a wooden cart hard enough you knock it over, not hard enough and it just wobbles)

FarCry ... want to get hunted? nuff said

UT2004 .... your standard run-of-the-mill FPS

RTS
WarCraft III FT - For some reason people seem to like this cartoony game a lot
CnC Generals ZH - Good game all around, superb graphics, pathing can be a biatch at times
Ground Control II - superb graphics, good AI (not quite FarCry calibre of course)

RPG
IceWind Dale II
Baldur's Gate II + ToB
NWN + Various Expansions

I've gotta stick to the simple ones that don't need quick reflexes
Technically you can play FarCry. It's probably better off (more fun and challenging) to play sneaking around ... cuz running around gunz blazing just gets you killed.

I can't wait until TF2 and HL2 come out.
Not that great honestly. Doom3 was a more enjoyable (and hairraising) adventure -- dont get me wrong HL2 played great and I thought it was a killer (Doom3 aside), until I played Painkiller and FarCry -- HL2 is supposed to be this big fancy graphics showdown .... it's got a long way to go just to beat FarCry let alone face down Doom3. Also, HL2's world-physics engine needs a lot of work just to catch up to Painkiller/FarCry.

your running a 250watt on that stuff
You never know it could be a 250W peltier.... :p

72montecarlo

I second the guy who suggested Max Payne 2. Very good game and story line really makes it that much better.
some other ones...
Gta Vice City
Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Very good game, good reviews as well
Call of Duty
Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault, Rising Sun

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Those games are horribly antiquated though :p (good for its age but not that good overall... IMHO at least)

Hellfire

It is good, ok yeah and oldish game but last long (two capeins) and lodas of weapons and your actions decide the next missions. worth the money I paid for it though:)