Need a little info on flight sims

JlCollins005

I am looking to buy a flight sim I remember there was some talk awhile ago on here about i think flight sim x or something and some other addon you could buy that made the game much better looking. But was looking for some input also would like to know which joystick would be recommended I cant afford a huge setup with the pedals and all but i think a decent joystick would help.

Thanks

Turbo10

Last edited:

SuperDuperMe

That is an awesome flight stick.

Not the most accurate but in the price range not much better.

ALthough if accuracy is a major point you really should be looking at the Thrustmaster T-16000M. In a low budget set up thats as accurate as your going to get.

If your after a cheap hotas set up the best on a low budget is the thrustmaster t flight hotas.

If you can spare a bit more, going down the used saitek x45/x52 route is always a good investment.

Turbo10

That is an awesome flight stick.

Not the most accurate but in the price range not much better.

ALthough if accuracy is a major point you really should be looking at the Thrustmaster T-16000M. In a low budget set up thats as accurate as your going to get.

If your after a cheap hotas set up the best on a low budget is the thrustmaster t flight hotas.

If you can spare a bit more, going down the used saitek x45/x52 route is always a good investment.

yeah giving us a budget would certainly help narrow it down

SuperDuperMe

Budget would help but all the ones i listed are around £50 ish :p

But i mean if youve got like £100 to spend then us listing things below budget is useless :p

JlCollins005

I plan on buying it once i get my school refund, granted i am not trying to blow 100s of dollars. But dont really have a set budget basically I am just look for suggestions then ill figure out which one to order so i guess maybe up to the 75.00 usd range would be a good start give or take if i need to.

SuperDuperMe

If you have room for hotas, definately shoot for the x45/x52. Best money can buy before you start going into modded gear and/or the warthog hotas, cougar etc. If you want brand new the t16000m is the one for you, most acucrate on the market in the price range.

That said a hotas set up will benefit you more for flight sims. Just not enough utility on a stick imo.

JlCollins005

can you link to a hotas or whatever its called so i can check it out doesnt matter if itsuk as long as i know what im looking for i can find it on another site here

SuperDuperMe

The x52 is the best hotas set up for a lowish budget. Granted its not as cheap as the t-flight hotas or cyborg rat stick but its still not as expensive as the warthog replica :p.

The x52 is pretty much standard for what people shoot for if they want to sim seriously. It has more than enough functions and iirc you can add pedals to the set up.

Just to give you a clue of how expensive you can go there are sticks like, http://www.amazon.com/Saitek-Flight...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1333956722&sr=1-1 http://www.amazon.com/THRUSTMAST-Wa...4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1333956722&sr=1-4

Then you also have the CH products. Iv never used the warthog or the CH stuff, but apparently having someone mod CH products and using them is about as close you can get to flying an aircraft.

If your staying low budget though the t-flight hotas is top for the price. I payed 16 quid for mine used and its awesome. Not accurate as id like it, especially for games like bf3. But for flight sim x its more than enough as the flight models are a lot more accurate.

Last edited:

JlCollins005

more so gunna be used for for flight sim dont use many vehicles in other games. Also if anyone remembers the name for the addons for like terrain that would be nice

SuperDuperMe

The only addon i use is acceleration as my pc can barely run fsx anyway lol.

If its for flight sim, you wont be happy with anything less than the saitek x52 imo.

EDIT: Also have you have a look at the new flight sim thats out? Not MS Flight as thats apparewntly rubbish. I think its called xplane or something. And if your into mil flight sims, a10c warthog is probably one of the best.

Last edited:

Turbo10

The only addon i use is acceleration as my pc can barely run fsx anyway lol.

If its for flight sim, you wont be happy with anything less than the saitek x52 imo.

EDIT: Also have you have a look at the new flight sim thats out? Not MS Flight as thats apparewntly rubbish. I think its called xplane or something. And if your into mil flight sims, a10c warthog is probably one of the best.

thats a load of crap :p unless its a really shite joystick, like an old atari one itll be fine! Ive heard mixed reviews about X Plane some people say its better than fsx other say its not

SuperDuperMe

For hardcore flight simming he wont be, At least i wasnt with my t flight hotas and there isnt much better you can get for same price.

If hes doing it as just a game to play then yeh thats fine. But if hes doing it as a hobby and not as a game then i dont think OP will be happy for long with anything less than the saitek x52.