Need a new wireless router

blahblah900

I have verizon dsl and had been using a DLink 624 router. Its been pretty good unless i move away from the router... then the connection is limited to dead. So i gave that router away. I got advice from people here and there and reading reviews and got the linksys WRT54G today.

Of course, the connection is terrible. It either goes 56K when it works or it doesn't work at all. Currently i am using someone else connection right now as i am typing in my laptop and this connection is at least 5 times faster than this linksys.

I am going to return this router back to newegg. Can anyone recommend me a router that just works? I have had 2 routers and none of them seeem to even get the job right. A lot of people said linksys was the best one but after using it today when i got it, i am very disappointed..

has anyone here used the Zyxel X-550 Xtrememimo 802.11G Wireless Broadband Router before? I am thinking about exchanging this linksys router and pay a bit extra for this one b/c all i see are good reviews from ppl at amazon.