Need a PCI audio card--cheap! Audio jack bit the dust.

dspgandalf

Audio jack is no longer working on my mother board and I'd like to add an audio card but I'm worried that it will interfere with my sound on my motherboard's HDMI--can they both work at the same time? This is what I have: ASRock P67 EXTREME6 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard. It also needs to work with Windows 10. I want to spend as little as possible--I just need to power some desk top speakers and a stereo microphone and not interfere with my HDMI output.

mistersprinkles

Just a heads up- PCI soundcard + works with Windows 10 is usually an oxymoron. You are likely to have issues or not be able to run the card at all.

If you have a free PCIE slot that's much better.

If you do not have a PCIE slot available, USB is a much better option than PCI for Win10. Soundblaster makes some solutions that might be right for you.

Just took a look at your board. Your only PCIEX1 slot is right below where your GPU sits so unless you have a blower card, a soundcard there would interfere with GPU airflow... not a good situation.

dspgandalf

Just a heads up- PCI soundcard + works with Windows 10 is usually an oxymoron. You are likely to have issues or not be able to run the card at all.

If you have a free PCIE slot that's much better.

If you do not have a PCIE slot available, USB is a much better option than PCI for Win10. Soundblaster makes some solutions that might be right for you.

Just took a look at your board. Your only PCIEX1 slot is right below where your GPU sits so unless you have a blower card, a soundcard there would interfere with GPU airflow... not a good situation.
I have a PCI slot open, two PCIe x1 slots open and two PCIe x16 slots open--any ideas?

dspgandalf

You really ought to spend $50 on the SBZ. Your ears will be thankful.
I've got it hooked up to a 7.1 Surround Sound System, connected to a 42" HiDef through HDMI--when I'm not using it I use a pair of OK speakers but I have a Stereo Mic and I need a Stereo input--can't find that with a USB. GOLE: Under $20 with the proper stereo jacks--that's it!

dspgandalf

`
I've got it hooked up to a 7.1 Surround Sound System, connected to a 42" HiDef through HDMI--when I'm not using it I use a pair of OK speakers but I have a Stereo Mic and I need a Stereo input--can't find that with a USB. GOLE: Under $20 with the proper stereo jacks--that's it!
And it has to work with Windows 10

Asus Xonar DG and a stereo adaptor? I will stand by that card no doubts, serves me well no matter what its putting out in to, my headphones or a massive amplifier.