Need a printer guys

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras, Webcams and Scanners' started by ThatGuy16, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ThatGuy16

ThatGuy16 VIP Member

okay i'm now doing a ton of printing, copies, and printing addresses on envelopes.

I'm currently using a kodak easy share 5300 but now it will hardly print black, and only prints pink with new cartridges. I think the print head is shot

I need something decent in the $60ish dollar range, and cartridges that are around $15 for black (cheaper the better)

so i need something that will hold up, and print alot of black pages without going dry on me every month

Thanks for any help!

i also have this in mind

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828115633

edit: wrong forum :eek:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  2. Justin

Justin VIP Member

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  3. ThatGuy16

ThatGuy16 VIP Member

thanks!

What about laser printers? particularly the HL2140, its on sale at best buy right now cheaper than newegg. Ink isnt too back $30-50, but can easly be refilled

Do they really last longer than inkjet? i see they can go 2k pages, and inkjet is only rated for about 250 pages i think. on paper its a helluva lot cheaper in the long run, and all i need is black. plus if i need to, i can use the scanner from the kodak

4. Justin

Justin VIP Member

not too familiar with laser printers (never had one :p). can't help ya there.

5. vnsmith

vnsmith banned

laser printers are good in doing bulked printing of a text.. but not so good with photos compared to InkJet.. HL2140 would pretty much hold

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  6. bengal85

bengal85 Member

you could always check craigslist I know there are A TON of printers that get put up there and quite a few of them are fully working and free as long as you can pick it up