Need a special splitter for 5.1 Headphones

ADE

banned
OK, my 5.1 headphones is a USB. The guy I bought it from said it is possible to use them with my sound card. I just need some splitter so that it goes from 1 to 3 for the whole surround sound effect. I have no idea where to get this so call "splitter". PPLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEE HELP ME!!! I had surround sound before I a want it back!! I can't go back to just 2 speakers!!!!!!! PLEASE I'M HAVING A MENTAL MELT DOWN!!! The end cable of the headphones it a gold thing like a regular headphone only its got 3 rings instead of 2 and a circle around it.

PC eye

banned
If you don't have a volume control on the cord how are you supposed to boost the bare signal coming from the card? You would first need a pre-amplifier of some type to even anything with the head phones. A speaker set with a head phone jack at least gives a slight level increase where the vloume level control or controls on the head set can be raised up where you can actually hear something.

You don't plug them direct into a sound card with no usb outputs. In order to convert from usb to three 1/8" mini plugs you would need an adapter for the conversion there. It sounds more like you need a player installed that will configure output for usb sound devices.

ADE

banned
Here what the end of the wire looks like
wire.jpg

does this help any?

PC eye

banned
The plug there looks more like a 2 1/2 setup more then any 5.1 surround. Left, Right, and Center on a head set. One look at the bands on a 1/8" mini plug can tell that right off. That's how they synthesize separation between front and rear by placing three small speakers inside each ear muff. The one that is offset will be a mid to tweeter type for the center on both sides. The larger circle is the ground as you wiill note that it goes in slightly at the center.

The one thing that looked like the 5.1 adapter you would need is put out by JVC. You can look that over at http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/jvc-surround-headphone-adapter-147018.php

You would have to look over the accessories sections at a few different sites or check out the 5 1/4" bay panel seen on Creative cards for example to see if those have the stereo/5.1 type head phone plugin jack there.

Dropkickmurphys

5.1 headphone would come with the wire split into 3 so you could plug it in as 5.1.....
the splitter would be "backwards" so youre able to plug it into a single socket (as shown above)...

PC eye

banned
According to the details seen on those you don't even need to plug into a sound card. Are you sure you got everything that was supposed to be with the pair there? There should have been an installation or driver disk for those.

ADE

banned
I bought a audigy 4 series so that it would take some of the load off of the CPU. USB won't do that for me, will it....

PC eye

banned
According to the information on those you can run without a card installed. That tells me right off that besides the basic drivers needed for any usb device there has to some type of sound mixer in order to raise or lower levels from different sources. That's why I asked about a software disk earlier. Since you have an Audigy you already know about the Creative sound mixer seen in the programs link along with the speaker settings and EAX selector.

It's not the sound card drivers or head phones that load a cpu up. Do you want to see your cpu really get hot? Run a playlist from an audio cd ripped by WMP 10 and converted into mp3 files. Have a screen saver set to run along with that and max out to full screen for a good period of time. Your cpu will see a noticably higher temp there then running Hlalf Life 2 or CS at the highest settings. That's how much WMP pulls on cpu power. The Audigy will only pull on the power supply itself when that gets a good load.

ADE

banned
According to the information on those you can run without a card installed. That tells me right off that besides the basic drivers needed for any usb device there has to some type of sound mixer in order to raise or lower levels from different sources. That's why I asked about a software disk earlier. Since you have an Audigy you already know about the Creative sound mixer seen in the programs link along with the speaker settings and EAX selector.

It's not the sound card drivers or head phones that load a cpu up. Do you want to see your cpu really get hot? Run a playlist from an audio cd ripped by WMP 10 and converted into mp3 files. Have a screen saver set to run along with that and max out to full screen for a good period of time. Your cpu will see a noticably higher temp there then running Hlalf Life 2 or CS at the highest settings. That's how much WMP pulls on cpu power. The Audigy will only pull on the power supply itself when that gets a good load.

WTF r u talking about???? I get 10 MORE FPS with this card than I did without it!!! Of course it's going to make a difference, It already has!!!! I could use it with out the sound card but then I say bye bye to my FPS!!!

PC eye

banned
I bought a audigy 4 series so that it would take some of the load off of the CPU. USB won't do that for me, will it....

WTF r u talking about???? I get 10 MORE FPS with this card than I did without it!!! Of course it's going to make a difference, It already has!!!! I could use it with out the sound card but then I say bye bye to my FPS!!!

Where was there any mention of frame rates?

ADE

banned
OK, PC eye, I'm just confused with all this. Sorry. I really am, just the one guy that I ought it from said that he uses them too and has it hooked to his sound card. He also said that you need a special adapter to do that. I went to the web sit and it said the same thing. just need the adapter. comes separate it said and It don't say where to get it!

PC eye

banned
You ought to be asking the person you bought it from where is the adapter or at least show you what he or she used. The only idea besides the difference between the pics you posted and the usb end seen at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...PageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=016#ebayphotohosting is the type of adapter.

On the EBay link you see a usb end there with a coil before the volume control on the main cord itself. Your pic shows a 1/8" mini plug. What happened to the usb end? I don't think a place like Radio Shack(although even they might at this point) carries a 1x5.1 to 3x5.1 adapter to plug into the three output jacks on the back of the card itself.

ADE

banned
I couldn't fit the USB adapter in the scanner......But i have it. it can detach from the USB plug in.

PC eye

banned
I found the specifications for that or a very similar model seen at http://www.ecoboss.com/Page2.html According to the information there you wouldd't need drivers since it supports the standard Plug'n'Play.

But the one question now is the mention of a scanner? There may be a reducer for the smaller usb port depending what the scanner. The impression here was that you were trying to connect to the 5.1 output of a sound card.

ADE

banned
That IS my headphones. I can, but his so called splitter on will give me 2.1 AKA a regular headphone jack.