need a suggestion regarding thumb drives

joplinboy

I am looking to purchase a thumb drive for myself, I am a lawyer and a great deal of very sensitive information will be stored on it. I want somthing that can keep my information secure in case I lose it or it gets stolen. I dont know a lot about encryptions and all that so if someone knows anything about it let me know.

Thank You.

JLV2k5

I am not sure if you can put a password onto a thumbdrive but this sounds like something that would solve your problem. I will look into it

GameMaster

Yes, I mean no. Yes on JLV's post , there is no way to put a password to access the thumbdrive's files.
What you can do is perfrom such a legal and cool trick I sometimes used.
Hide the files and folders in it. I believe that's managable the same way as to hide and show hidden files on your computer.

quagmondo23

There's really cool biometric ones (fingerprint). I think they are called jet flash. there is loads of unknown brands that make them but the quality is not that great.

JLV2k5

Yes, I mean no. Yes on JLV's post , there is no way to put a password to access the thumbdrive's files.
What you can do is perfrom such a legal and cool trick I sometimes used.
Hide the files and folders in it. I believe that's managable the same way as to hide and show hidden files on your computer.

True. The "hide" feature allows only the root computer to see the file. I like that.
But, this sort of defeats the purpose of a thumb drive. If you cannot take the data and transport it with the drive, I do not see much point in using the hide thing.

Last edited:

TFT

VIP Member
There's a plethora of software encryption programs out there just made for thumb drives. Buy your drive and google "thumb drive encryption" for the software.