Need advice about GPU

dzmin

Hello, buddies! I’m thinking about upgrading my 3080Ti to 4080. If we talk about performance, is it worth it? Is it true that it is 30% more powerful? However is 30% huge? I have 1440 display 165hz. RTX 3080Ti is no longer high-end GPU and I think it’s a weak GPU for 1440p. Will I be impressed when upgrade? Who has 3080Ti and happy with it ? I think that 3080Ti is struggling with any games on ultra/high details at 1440p.

lucasbytegenius

Is it worth it? No.
Is it 30% more powerful? Depends. There's some gains if your game supports DLSS3, but relatively few games do, and the card's raw performance is marginally better than its predecessor in Nvidia's own benchmarks: https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gp..._benchmarks_for_its_rtx_4080_graphics_cards/1

I think that 3080Ti is struggling with any games on ultra/high details at 1440p.
I'm surprised to read this, can you clarify? What games are you playing and what are the FPS numbers you're seeing? What are the rest of your system's specs?

beers

Staff member
Value is subjective, is your quoted +30% worth ~$1200 USD to you?

I would assume it's not worth it to you as you aren't going for 4090.

beers

Staff member
Why are you asking me? I don't own one because it isn't worth it to me in the current market.

You seem caught up in the upgrade hysteria, there's probably something wrong with your system if it's struggling at 1440p.

If you want to drop a disproportionate amount of money on computer parts, then do it.
If you don't think the gains are worth the cost, don't do it.

Simple as.