• HD720 2TB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HD710 Pro 4TB

• Other

• Total voters

Badman

Hello, first time here and and a noob, as what the title said, i really need a help to pick one of the Water-resist/SHockproof HDD from Adata. HD710 Pro and HD720, HD710 Pro released at 2017 while HD720 on 2015.
6112-f9763fa436d6bd66a1d1cdebce427b3c.jpg

from the Websites, i saw the specification that HD720 can resist on 2 Meter Underwater while HD710 Pro only 1,5 Meter, HD710 Pro is 4TB while HD720 only 2TB. now if any of you here own one of these, please give me your impression and suggestion, if you got something better please tell me so, i would appreciate it.

thanks.

Attachments

• 2b6y1v.jpg
    2b6y1v.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 4

JaredDM

There's no such thing as a shockproof HDD, PERIOD!!! No matter how much rubber or metal you put around it doesn't change the fact that the heads are gliding on a cusion of air only a few microns above the platter surface. One drop at the right angle will still destroy the heads and scratch the platters. We recover dozens of these "shockproof" drives and they fail just as easy as any other drive.

Besides, given that Adata doesn't actually make hard drives, they're most likely putting the crappiest Seagate Rosewood series hard drive inside of there.