Need advice with a laptop purchase

Grunk

I need a laptop and am looking at https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/med....6-inch-geforce-gtx-1650-30029417/version.asp
I need to know can I upgrade it and change parts and can I run my games on a add on hard drive and put software on an add on hard drive and use the laptop for its graphics card ect ....? I'm looking into game building and software building as a task ...only reason I'm buying it and cant afford anything expensive that's why I'm asking if this laptop is upgradeable

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
My suggestion would be to find a laptop that has everything you would want. Laptops are not upgradable like a desktop pc is. Its gonna cost you more to remove the 256gb ssd and put in a bigger one instead of just finding one with enough storage. Also fine one with at least 16gb of ram.

Grunk

Worth buying a motherboard and putting it in xbox shell I think is the way and add hdmi port to tv or connect the screen

beers

Staff member
Worth buying a motherboard and putting it in xbox shell I think is the way and add hdmi port to tv or connect the screen
That sounds like a waste of money that would put you further behind from the system you desire.

However, if it's enjoyable, by all means. Some of those super compact, sleeper builds, or old console chassis adaptations are pretty cool.