Need advice

Drucey

Hello, this might seem a stupid question but with so many processors, x2, x4 i3 i5 i7 im not sure what to go for. I need to buy a new comp, cheap as possible.

Enough processing power for uni work

Enough memory to do things relatively quickly.

I also need a graphics card which is good enough to play online games (final fantasy xiv being the most demanding when its released.) The card can be purchased after though.

I really dont know alot about this stuff, i saw this:

http://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=93&idproduct=755

Any feedback, or possible build costs would be great. Thank you!

sniperchang

Basically the i3 are entry level, i5 mid, and i7 high-end.

The computer you linked may not be able to run final fantasy xiv, due to the poor graphics. However, that is something you can upgrade later.

If you want to be able to play final fantasy xiv, you'll need to meet the minimum requirements. However this hasn't been released yet, but I did find this

Drucey

Thats great, i gather that i would need a graphics card. But would be willing to buy that after. With the graphics card it should be fine. is the i3 better than quad core?

Thanks for the reply

sniperchang

Thats great, i gather that i would need a graphics card. But would be willing to buy that after. With the graphics card it should be fine. is the i3 better than quad core?

Thanks for the reply

Depends on the speed you compare. The i3's are dual-cores so a core 2 quad would be better for the same speed.

But here's the thing, the older core 2 duos and core 2 quads are mostly socket 775. This is slowly getting phased out for socket 1156 and 1366. So if you want a PC that will last a few years, and you'd like to upgrade down the road, you should get one of the newer i3 or i5 processors.

EDIT: Do you know how much you'd like to spent on your new computer?

Drucey

Great thanx. Iv seen a few quad core gaming pc's on ebay. But if the i3 is better and all i would need is a graphics card il look into that. Hoping that the PSU would be ok to handle it.

Thanx again