Need Best Methods For Unformatting An SD Card/Data Recovery

ryevick

I did it. I was in a hurry and accidentally formatted a 200Gb Micro SD card in my external slot of my Android phone. It had every type of file you can imagine on it. Videos, Pics, PDFs, Word Documents, Rar, Zip & 7z files... and more. About 110Gb of data.

There are so many reviews that are sponsored, it's hard to find consensus on what the best software options are whether free/open source (preferred), and paid.

The second I did it I I turned off the phone and removed the card to try to prevent data being written to the card. I now plan to use Windows 10 Pro as my work bench for trying to fix this.

Suggestions?

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Active@ Partition Recovery and Active@ File Recovery are both really great products and have helped me in a pinch.

ryevick

Active@ Partition Recovery and Active@ File Recovery are both really great products and have helped me in a pinch.

I'll chech them out but I've tried quite a few so far and the most they find are folders that did contain files. None have found a single file. I don't get it. Right after Android formatted the card I turn the phone off and removed the card. Still no files can be found... by any program. At most I'm seeing Kbs of data.