Need cheapest PC build to run Crysis 3 on max 30fps

gizmo j

I don't want anything that is unnecessary such as expensive cases and stuff like that, I want to play Crysis 3 at max 1080p with a minimum of 30fps for as cheap as possible.

I want windows7 and only need 500GB of HDD.

PCunicorn

yeah but the board is crap. And mine has a better case, which is kind of a big deal, and is the same price, so...

Last edited:

SpringWater

Like PCunicorn said, go for a better board, I recommend getting something that supports sli/crossfire cause it's nice to have that option for the future. Good deal on that 7970, technically the r9 270x is just a tweaked 7970 ghz edition so if you overclock that 7970 a bit you should get a 270x.

PCunicorn

The 280X is a 7970 GHz edition, the 270X is a 7870 GHz. So the GPU is better on OP's, but most everything else is worse.

gizmo j

Well then, can you guys recommend a motherboard that's cheap?

With emphasis on the word cheap, I don't need SLI/crossfire and I don't plan on overclocking.

spirit

Staff member
Well it's pretty rubbish for overclocking and Biostar is a brand I try to avoid.

Your build is really quite unbalanced. You get an FX-8350 and a 7970 and then you go and get a 40 buck Biostar motherboard?

You should really spend a bit more on the board, just so you get something a little nicer.

Don't bother with the 8350 either, get the FX-8320 instead and save some money.

gizmo j

Well it's pretty rubbish for overclocking and Biostar is a brand I try to avoid.

Your build is really quite unbalanced. You get an FX-8350 and a 7970 and then you go and get a 40 buck Biostar motherboard?

You should really spend a bit more on the board, just so you get something a little nicer.

Don't bother with the 8350 either, get the FX-8320 instead and save some money.

I don't plan on ever overclocking.

And what do you mean my "nicer'?

Jiniix

Quality. The lowest end motherboard you should get with a 8320/8350 is a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 or the MSI 970A-G46 Unicorn recommended. Don't go cheaper than those two.
If you bought a Sempron 145 (1 core CPU) you could choose pretty much any motherboard out there, but I would still only recommend ASUS, MSI or Gigabyte.

Darren

Staff member
I don't feel like a 270X would max it out. My 7850 runs it on my medium and a few high settings, and I'm running at a lower resolution too.

PCunicorn

I don't feel like a 270X would max it out. My 7850 runs it on my medium and a few high settings, and I'm running at a lower resolution too.

A 270X is signifigantly better than a 7850, annd I have seen Crysis 3 run with max on 1080p with a 270X.

spirit

Staff member
Quality. The lowest end motherboard you should get with a 8320/8350 is a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 or the MSI 970A-G46 Unicorn recommended. Don't go cheaper than those two.
If you bought a Sempron 145 (1 core CPU) you could choose pretty much any motherboard out there, but I would still only recommend ASUS, MSI or Gigabyte.

Exactly. I really wouldn't cheap out on a motherboard, you get what you pay for definitely.

You need to choose hardware which matches well. The FX-8350/8320 with that low-end board is wasted really - you want a good 970 or 990 board.

The Sempron with a high-end 970 or 990 board is also a waste, since the higher-end chipsets are pointless when paired with the lower-end CPU.

It just balances your system out better.