need connectors

Thee Ox

Hi all,
Im looking For an extension or connector to link scanners with Dinn connectors to USB's or dinns to ps2's then to USB's.

Can anyone recommend a company that sells them?

Thanks,
Thee:eek:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Its DIN, and what kind of scanner is it? I know they make PS/2 to USB connections and what not, but I don't know if they'd work with a scanner.

Is there any reason you're JUST trying to find a converter? Many times these converters don't work 100%. I know my graph-link(calculator) cable won't work with my converter, it needs the actual serial connection.

For the price(and trouble) of finding a converter, you could probably find a decent scanner.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I'd agree with Other_One, a converter for something that rare will probably be rather expensive, and the scanner itself probably isn't very good quality, plus the converter will degrade the image some anyway... There are many good 48-bit 4800x9600 scanners for $125 or less out there...

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Ah, online, I usually refer to prices in retail stores, and yeah, there are quite a few that start around that price range, but not with as many features and such...