Need help building first PC

jc_smith

New Member
Hey everyone,

I'm about to build my first desktop and was wondering what you would recommend for about $750-$1000 including the monitor? I'm not much of a gaming person, but definitely love to have many apps open at once while downloading music, etc. I can put together a computer, and could even pick out all the parts I think, but I just don't know what the good brands are and how to tell what parts are compatible with each other. I plan on going through newegg. So what would you build for $750-$1000? Thanks
 
There's a big difference between a $750 rig and a $1000 rig, especially if you need a monitor and operating system. If you can give a more specific price, we can put a build list together for you.

Keep in mind, the monitor and OS alone will be around $250...so the closer to 1k you're actually willing to go, the better.
 
Last edited:
Ok let's say $1000 for everything. That means, OS and monitor as well. Like I said, I need it to be able to handle many apps quickly more so than gaming needs.
 
Sony Optiarc Black 24X Rewritable Drive - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118030

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148395

ASUS VH222H Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI Widescreen
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236053

G.SKILL 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231193

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754

OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ500MXSP + COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.330949

$1000 slight gaming
Intel Core i5-750 + GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3L
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.332519

SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102859

$790 non-gaming
AMD Athlon II X4 630 + ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.334799
 
Back
Top