Need help buying new PC

friendly heavy

It seems that buying a PC/Laptop is a huge step and is hard to make. It's major because you might be using the pc for even 3 years or so and stuck with it for quite a long time. Now i've had this Laptop from HP and it's not bad but doesn't meet my expectations anymore because it's old and i've been using it for 2 years. It's a GTX 850M with 16 gb ram. Anyway, now i'm looking for a new laptop or desktop and it's such a hard decision and with so many choices. I'm looking for a PC that can run games such as:
Overwatch
League of Legends
Counterstrike: Global Offensive
and i want it to run all these at really good speeds, the pc will need to be good enough to handle streaming/gaming/talking all at the same time and at good speeds with no lag. I don't believe "Building a pc" is an option because i have NO idea whatsoever how that works or anything about it so i'd rather a prebuilt one. If it's a desktop, i'll need a monitor aswell.

beers

Staff member
What kind of budget are you working with?

Keep in mind that per-dollar performance is much higher on the desktop side, as well as expandability/upgradability.

Laquer Head

If you let us guide you with a budget and pick parts.. as long as you can use a screwdriver, can read directions (with pictures), and can put a usb stick into a computer...you can build a custom desktop like the rest of us!!

I just built a new rig and there is literally 8 screws for the motherboard, 4 screws for the cpu cooler, 4 screws for the power supply, 2 screws to hold in the graphics card, 1 screw to hold in wifi card, and 2 tiny screws to hold in each of my SSDs, the rest is plug in clips that are all labelled in manual..

simple simple stuff.. you can do it and get waaaay more value and longevity from custom built!

friendly heavy

If you let us guide you with a budget and pick parts.. as long as you can use a screwdriver, can read directions (with pictures), and can put a usb stick into a computer...you can build a custom desktop like the rest of us!!

I just built a new rig and there is literally 8 screws for the motherboard, 4 screws for the cpu cooler, 4 screws for the power supply, 2 screws to hold in the graphics card, 1 screw to hold in wifi card, and 2 tiny screws to hold in each of my SSDs, the rest is plug in clips that are all labelled in manual..

simple simple stuff.. you can do it and get waaaay more value and longevity from custom built!
Well if ya can teach me then sure, then i'll need parts and all of that lol.