Need help choosing.

ImPacT

Since I dont have enough to buy everything at once, im building a computer piece by piece and im looking to get my mobo next.

Ive decided that I'm going core I7, and I need help picking out a board. Right now I am looking at the EVGA X58 SLI but I am open to others.

The computer is going to be mainly used for gameing, As of now it will not be overclocked but I am looking in to it and it is a possibility for the futur.

Any suggestions on what else I should look at.

Right now I have an Antec 900 and a OCZ gameXstream 850 psu.

E Money

Asus and Gigabyte each have like 2-3 mobos that work with the i7. Ranging from the low $200s to the mid $300s...

I personally am getting the i7 and the Asus p6t next wednesday... YAY!

JorgeHGPR

Yea Foxconn has their share of good Mobo's for the i7 too. Not that I have tried them, but they seem to be good and have some good reviews and like any other mobo, some bad reviews and EVGA also has a good or two mobo's for i7.

DarthJonny

i was almost about to go with the EVGA X58. it doesnt have any features that say BUY ME, which is what you have to look for. im going with an ASUS P6T instead. they're pretty much the same but ASUS is more reliable and i hear they have really good customer service. but most people i know that have an ASUS board have never had any problems.

linkin

VIP Member
Good choice, Asus is great! If you do change your mind though go with gigabyte. they have a dual-bios setup and their boards have great overclocking options... but the Asus does too!