Need help deciding between 2 laptops

Rodoni

Hey guys,

I need some help choosing between 2 laptops. They are bother Acer and I know people have mixed feelings about them but I dont want to spend a lot of money right now and Im not going to be doing huge projects with it.

What Ill use the laptop for:

Watching movies
Typing papers
Every day use (surfing web, etc)
NO GAMING (well a little bit here and there when I cant use my desktop)
Downloading music

Now here are my two choices:

Acer 15.6" AS5534-1096 Laptop PC with AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core Processor & Windows 7 Home Premium

AMD Athlon" 64 X2 dual-core processor L310
4GB of DDR2 system memory
250GB 5400rpm SATA hard drive
15.6" high-definition LED backlit widescreen display
ATI Radeon" HD 3200 Graphics with up to 1919MB of HyperMemory
SuperMulti double-layer DVD drive
Wireless Wi-Fi and wired Ethernet enable you to connect to a broadband modem (cable or DSL) wirelessly or using the wired 10/100 Ethernet port.
6-cell rechargeable battery for around a 3.5 hour battery life
Multi-in-one digital card reader for convenient connection to printers flash drives, video cameras and more
Dedicated numeric keypad makes number key-ins quick and easy
Integrated audio with stereo speakers
5.3Lbs total weight.
Ports: USB 2.0 (2), VGA Video Output, Headphone Jack & Microphone Jack

OR

Acer Aspire AS1410-2936 Ruby Red Intel Celeron SU2300(1.2GHz) 11.6" 2GB Memory 160GB HDD Netbook
Weight 3.08 lbs.
Screen Size 11.6"
Widescreen Display Yes
Display Feature LED backlight & Acer CineCrystal Technology
Graphics Processor Intel GMA 4500M
Memory 2GB
HDD 160GB

Im leaning towards choice number one because it is cheaper and has more memory and storage, and I dont have to lug around my external cd/dvd drive.

Thoughts?

Rodoni

I don't want to spend over 400 right now and I need something light/portable. I have an external DVD drive already so that's why I have the 11.6" as an option. I've seen the 15.6" in person and I'm still tryng to find a store with a 11.6" in stock so I can check it out and see size differences.

dreamchaser214

I would go for choice no. 1, i think it can suit your budget. If you don't use processor intensive applications, and just use the computer for normal stuff i.e. word processing, internet etc. just like what you mentioned, Celeron would be fine. Celeron is a good budget processor but, it does not have SpeedStep. So, I would still go for AMD.