***Need help fast please***

double-dragon

My cd drivers have gone and I can't use my cd-rom drives. I've tried downloading them off the net and they're in .BIN format....how do they work?

My 2 cd drives are:
- Samsung cd/rw SW-252F
-Toshiba dvd-rom SD-M1612

I have also tried uninstalling both the drives and re-installing them. No joy. Drivers are still not there.

I know this is cause of spyware/adware of some sort, as my sister was on some dodgy sites and clearly downloaded a lot of crap :mad: Ive run ad-aware and spybot and have found lots of stuff :rolleyes:

What do you guy suggest? As the title states, this is very important and needs fast response please :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I've tried downloading them off the net and they're in .BIN format....how do they work?
Read the 101 guide. :)

Ive run ad-aware and spybot and have found lots of stuff
I assume you've removed it

What do you guy suggest? As the title states, this is very important and needs fast response please
To get a removable harddrive bay :p But seriously sounds like Windows' driver database is corrupted. Grab the drivers from the net

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Its covered here but essentially grab yourself a virtual drive like DaemonTools and go ahead and mount the BIN file the computer will think its like a real CD :)