Need help for custom PC!!

ilovefishsticks

I just started building my first custom computer. I bought everything I need to run it(as far as I know). I have bought...
Aspire X-Dreamer II case,
Intel socket LGA775 3.2 ghtz processor,
Intel Desktop Board D915PCY motherboard,
Corsair 1gb ddr2 memory,
NVidia Chaintech GeForce 6200,
BenQ DVD-RW,
and an Ultra X-Connect 500 watt PSU.

I am trying to hook up the plugs for power, power led, hdd led, reset in. I plug them into the right places on the motherboard and i turn on the power, I see a green light inidicating the computer is on (or at least it should be). I hold the power button down and it turns off, then push it again and it turns on. That seems to be normal but i have a major problem. None of my internal parts are moving or hearable (fans ect.), no hdd light on or blinking, and black screen on the monitor. :mad:

Can somone please help me telling me what i am doing wrong and how to fix it. I would greatly appreciate any help!! :D (bare in mind this is my first computer and all of these parts are brand new and probably havn't shorted because I ground myself)

Last edited:

apj101

VIP Member
dont bump after an hour mate, someone will answer when the big guns get hear later on tonight.

I am trying to hook up the plugs for power, power led, hdd led, reset in.
er, is this all youve hooked up. There is quite a bit more that needs connecting. Have you connected everything, have you followed the order in your mobo manual (to prevent you missing something)

If none of your parts are moving, what exactly are you seeing which is leading you to say.
I hold the power button down and it turns off, then push it again and it turns on.
What is turning on and off

apj101 said:
dont bump after an hour mate, someone will answer when the big guns get hear later on tonight.

er, is this all youve hooked up. There is quite a bit more that needs connecting. Have you connected everything, have you followed the order in your mobo manual (to prevent you missing something)

If none of your parts are moving, what exactly are you seeing which is leading you to say.

The Lights on the Case hes saying ...wat Voltage is ur PSU Or Wattage have a Pugged the Connectors onto the HDD and FAN and DVD and Cd Roms

ilovefishsticks

apj101 said:

I have the power led light and it is what turns on and off. Also what is mobo and what else needs connecting? If mobo is motherboard manual, yes i have used it to make shure I'm plugging the connections into the right places on it.

kernel_pat

check the power supply is plugged into all of the components, if you have only plugged it into the mother board the LEDs will come one but nothing will run like you have described.

did you put standoffs down when you screwed the motherboard in, the first ever time I built a computer I didnt I blew the motherboard but the power LEDS stayed on, make sure you have standoffs in.

if these are not the case then call a professional, you must have a friend that has built computers before?

ilovefishsticks

kernel_pat said:
check the power supply is plugged into all of the components, if you have only plugged it into the mother board the LEDs will come one but nothing will run like you have described.

did you put standoffs down when you screwed the motherboard in, the first ever time I built a computer I didnt I blew the motherboard but the power LEDS stayed on, make sure you have standoffs in.

if these are not the case then call a professional, you must have a friend that has built computers before?

I plugged in all the componets i stated above. I'm not too shur what u mean by standoffs. I had red paper washer ring type things that came with the motherboard. I used them for all the screws connecting the motherboard to the case exept 2 because I ran out. Is it possible I could have blown it like u said by not using standoffs for 2 screws?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The Lights on the Case hes saying ...wat Voltage is ur PSU Or Wattage have a Pugged the Connectors onto the HDD and FAN and DVD and Cd Roms
wow :D

Also what is mobo and what else needs connecting?
ATX24, ATX12, some video device, CPU, cpu fan, ram and the jumper leads to the case's power button

well ur PSU isnt Kicking out enough power try the PSU in another COmputer
Or um... something was connected or connected properly

I'm not too shur what u mean by standoffs. I had red paper washer ring type things that came with the motherboard
You know the way the paper thingy goes between the screw and the board? The standoff is the thing the screw actually screws into :)

ilovefishsticks

Praetor said:
You know the way the paper thingy goes between the screw and the board? The standoff is the thing the screw actually screws into :)

Ya too bad i didnt know that b4. I hooked up my mobo to the case w/o the standoffs which ended up shorting my mobo. i ordered a new one but how would i find out if anything else was fried such as cpu, ram, hard drive, dvd drives, or video card. Is their a way to tell just by looking or will i have to wait till my mobo arrives in a few days?? :confused: :confused: