Need help getting integrated graphics to work

up355

Almost done putting together my new build, just waiting for the video card to come in.

I can get my computer to turn on but i get no signal to the monitor. i have plugged in a HDMI cable from the mother board to the monitor, because i cannot find a spot for the DVI-D or d-sub cables on my motherboard.

anyone have any idea why im not getting any picture?

edit: not sure if my signature is showing up for everyone so i'll post my build below

Intel Core i7 3770K
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100
ASUS P8Z77-V Premium
G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 1110MHZ 4GB
Intel 520 Series 180GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
OCZ Z-SERIES 1000W

Last edited:

up355

just remembered i dont have all the HDD LED, sound, and all that other stuff that gets plugged into the bottom of the motherboard. i looked at the manual on how to do it but i still cant figure it out. is there any guides out there? i've checked google but found none

Last edited by a moderator:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You will have to wait for your video card to come in. Yeah the 3770k has a video chip in it but the option to use it might not be enabled in the bios. Look in your motherboard manual and it will tell you where to hook up all the case wires.

up355

You will have to wait for your video card to come in. Yeah the 3770k has a video chip in it but the option to use it might not be enabled in the bios. Look in your motherboard manual and it will tell you where to hook up all the case wires.

alright i was just being an idiot yesterday. got all the case wires hooked up.

i took it to a computer repair shop and when the tech put in a spare video card into the motherboard, the screen turned on and we were in the bios. which means everything should be wired and plugged in properly if we got it into the bios?

i told that tech that maybe we have to enable something in the bios to get the integrated video work but he insisted that there is no option like that and to leave the computer with him for a few days so he can figure it out. i ended up taking my computer back home with the problem still unsolved.

the video card is suppose to get here by next week, and while i know the computer will work with the video card it will still annoy me that there is something wrong with it because the integrated graphics never worked.

i guess i just have to sit patiently and wait for my video card to come in :( unless anyone else has any ideas