Need help! How to open with program

sholi2000

I run 98SE, I want to open my pictures with another program, but when I right click on file, the only option is open. Kodak image opens my files , and I hate that program. Would like to open with explorer or some other program, email me with suggestions on how to open with other program, thx.
Shane

dave597

VIP Member
select the file. hold shift and press right-click, select open-with, select mspaint*, and always open with it.

*or any other image editor

OS Dragon

Will that work with any program?

e.g. If I were to install Paint Shop Pro 9 and then click an image file, it will always open with PSP, but, If I do what you said:

Originally Posted by dave597
select the file. hold shift and press right-click, select open-with, select mspaint*
Windows Picture and Fax Viewer in my case. Will it work for all image files, or the on file that I changed? :confused:

Yeti

VIP Member
if you select "always open with..." then only that type of file (ie .gif or .bmp) will always be opened in that program

dave597

VIP Member
that is correct there are many types of image files with different 3 letter extensions, eg. .jpg .bmp .gif .png If you want to edit them all in one go, then u can open the image editor and look in the preferences where it says file association or you can open a folder, click tools, folder options, and click on file types and edit them from there.