[Need help] Laptop BOOT up

Muncheberg

So for some reason my computer has been messed up a bit, and now I have to boot it with an cd. The problem is, I don't have a CD. And the recovery CD won't work, neither will the windows-vista-boot-up file that I found on Intel's website and burned onto a CD.

When I insert the CD and boot up I get the option to choose between 3 different ways to do it, but none of these are the CD. But what ever of those 3 i choose, I get an error.
The error goes like this
diagnose.txt :
PCI ID : 10ec:8168:107b:016d
Vendor : Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
Product : RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
Revision: 02
Module : <Unknown>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Type : PCI Device
PCI ID : 168c:001c:1468:0428
Vendor : Atheros Communications, Inc.
Product :
Revision: 01
Type : PCI Device
PCI ID : 8086:2929:107b:016d
Vendor : Intel Corporation
Product :
Revision: 03

0 device(s) succeeded, 0 device(s) failed, 3 device(s) were unrecognized.
No disk found!
No NIC found!

The computer cannot be supported by Recovery CD.
Save the report and send to technical support.
Product Name: Client Backup & Recovery CD (V1.0.514)

The computer is a eMachines e520, and it is running Windows Vista.
(And yes, I can go buy a recovery disk at eMachines website, but 20$ is to much, in fact, I would like something for free) :)

I don't know what to do, so I am hoping any of you can help me. :good:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Go into the bios and see if it detects the hard drive. Most likely the hard drive is shot.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What operating system is on it? If windows Vista, 7 or 8 then you can download an iso to reinstall windows.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
You need a 32 bit copy of Vista; download that here. You'll need to burn that ISO to a disk, so download imgburn, or your favorite burner and burn your copy of Vista to a disk.

If you get that far, insert the disk in your laptop and follow the prompts - you're reinstalling Windows Vista. After the install, if you need drivers for your laptop, go here and enter e520 in the search by product model box. Below, you'll find all your drivers.

Muncheberg

Thanks. Can I also use the standard IMG Burner? When I insert a normal cd to my disk, windows pup up with something I can burn files with? Or should i use Imgburner? :)

Muncheberg

Well I did as mep916 told me to do, go get the iso file, burned it to a dvd and sticked it into my laptop, but it woulden't work. Maybe something is worng with the disk drive?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Put the cd in a different computer and open the cd and tell me what files are on it. If there is only 1 file on it then you didn't create the ISO correctly.

Muncheberg

Rm8Nuhn.jpg

This is what I got :)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Go into your bios and change the first boot device to cd drive. Then you should get the option to press a key to boot to dvd. Most bios are set to boot to hdd first.

Muncheberg

Hmm, this has got up the installatin menu, and seems to be working, but I dont know when it ask about drivers, should I put in a USB for this, or something? :) Tells me no drivers were founded when I tried just pressing okay?

Also, pressing Browse, and choosing Local Drive (C drive) won't either work.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So is windows installed or not? Your posts are confusing. You need to go to the manufacturers website and look up your model number for all your drivers. Basically you need chipset, audio, video, lan, wireless and maybe a couple others.

Muncheberg

Sorry for the confusing.
No, windows is not installed.
What I am trying to say is, that I've got the boot cd to work, and now I've come to the windows installation part. And it tells me where to install Windows. But I can't choose Local C Drive, so I dont know where to download it else where.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If a drive is listed but not enough free space then you have to click on advanced options and delete partition and start over.

Muncheberg

Upon loading drivers, i get an error saying: "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media conttains the correct drivers, and the click OK."
I also get this error when I try to choose Local Disk C
And I dont have a option that says "Advanced Options"

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So when you get to this point...

670px-Install-Windows-Vista-Step-12Bullet1.jpg

There are no entries to install to? Does it see your hard drive at all?

If there isn't enough free space to install then you will need to highlight partition and delete it.