Need help looking for a decent PC for music production.

Aces High

New Member
Hi, I'm currently looking for a Desktop PC suitable to use for music production with a bit of gaming on the side.

It's primary use would be to record guitar and mess around with programs like cubase, as well as being able to run most modern games.

I am willing to spend around £1000 and would rather the machine be pre built, as I am not 100% confident building my own and would rather avoid any unnecessary hassle.

The best looking machine I have found so far is the Titan Goliath from overclockers with maybe a graphics card upgrade http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-030-OE

I'd like people's opinions on this machine and a point in the right direction as to where to look at some alternative PCs.
 
Do you just want to buy or will you consider building yourself?
You would probably save £150 by building it yourself...
 
Last edited:
^ He said he would rather it be pre-built, though I get the feeling he doesn't know how easy building one is...

That computer looks good, but don't get the minimum specs. Upgrade to the Radeon HD5750 at the very least.
 
Thanks for the help, I was thinking about about maybe even upgrading to the Radeon 5850, but would it be worth the extra money?

Btw I also took a look at some specialist music PCs, but they seem very pricey for what spec is on them, does anyone know what makes them so special for music production?
 
I haven't really looked at the special music PCs in that much detail yet, but I was previously told to look at something like this http://www.inta-audio.com/studio-equipment-c1/intel-i3-pro-music-pc-p3208.

I don't know a whole lot about computers so I may be missing something, but I can't see what makes it so good at music production.

That's terribly overpriced, and they used the wrong chipset for that cpu. You're correct, it's nothing special. That rig would be £550- £600 if you built it yourself, using higher quality parts.
 
Last edited:
So would my best bet be to get the machine I mentioned in my first post with a graphics card upgrade to something more along the lines of a Radeon 5850?
 
That looks good to me, though even a 5770 will run most modern games. The really tough ones like Far Cry 2 or Crysis might require you to drop the settings a little, but everything else should be fine.

The 5850 is a beast though...you'll be ably to max almost anything with it, including future games.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top