Need help making a decision

Rory

I need help deciding whether or not to buy, build or makeshift a desktop for myself.
My options are
--Buy a prebuilt computer from Dell, HP...etc. (Probably an XPS or something of that caliber)
--Buy and iMac
--Build my own computer for a lesser price.
--Or just buy a bad ass monitor and keyboard for my laptop

Laptop Config:
Hp HDX16
Intel Centrino 2 Dual Core Processor 2.4Ghz
4 Gigs of ram
Nvidea Graphics Card
etc.

wolfeking

banned
what is the exact GPU of your laptop?

And the best option is for you to build your own desktop. This brings up a few questions. What do you use it for the most? Do you prefer AMD or Intel (intel is better right now), and AMD or Nvidia?

Rory

My laptop has an NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT GPU

What I want from a desktop is: gaming abilities (nothing excessive beyond Sins of a Solar Empire) ability to not crash with iTunes + Multimedia etc. and the basic word processing, internet etc.

My current Laptop has major over heating issues, even with a cooling pad: which this model pc is known for. and it continually crashes with itunes and other media.

mihir

VIP Member
Your current laptop is fine for your tasks.

Just get your laptop cleaned,or do it yourselves,and reapply some new thermal paste and get a cooling pad which has an exhaust fan located exactly where the HSF is located,which help a lot.
As for thermal paste get the Arctic Cooling MX4.
You don't need a new computer.
For your needs your PC is fine.
Do a fresh install of windows if its convinient for you and you will notice a huge change in your computers performance and also it won't have the existing problems.

And if you do not want to clean install you can always clean your computer.