Need help on aple pcc ubuntu install!

spynoodle

Hi guys: sorry to bring this up again,but i checked the ubuntu website and checked requirement to install ubuntu and it says 1GB MEMORY RAM,so i thought this might be my problem since i only have 512bt memo there is a slot to install one set of memory.
Any advice on that thanks in advance
I don't know if it's causing your problem, but with only 512mb you may as well upgrade to 1GB or more. If you do get it working, you would notice a major difference in performance.

ivtec

banned
I don't know if it's causing your problem, but with only 512mb you may as well upgrade to 1GB or more. If you do get it working, you would notice a major difference in performance.

Thanks spynoodle:but i've got good news, i was able to install PPC imac g5 from a Mini Debian 7.1( WEEZY)32bit Kernel Linux
3.2.04-PowerPC64 Gerome .3.4.2. after almost giving up as i said i'm a hard ass and quit is not my thing maybe pacience.

Now i have a Debian desktop and everything runs ok exept no flash player and is a litle slow and was able to get firefox plug in for flash Player, it opens but a litle freezing and no sound it might be due low mem ram ,any clues thanks.

spynoodle

Thanks spynoodle:but i've got good news, i was able to install PPC imac g5 from a Mini Debian 7.1( WEEZY)32bit Kernel Linux
3.2.04-PowerPC64 Gerome .3.4.2. after almost giving up as i said i'm a hard ass and quit is not my thing maybe pacience.

Now i have a Debian desktop and everything runs ok exept no flash player and is a litle slow and was able to get firefox plug in for flash Player, it opens but a litle freezing and no sound it might be due low mem ram ,any clues thanks.
Nice! I can't tell you for sure if the low amount of RAM is causing your freezing and sound issues, but it would probably be a good idea to upgrade anyway. Make sure that you get the right kind, though, because I know that some iMac G5s used DDR ram and others used DDR2. Your freezing and sound issues might just be caused by problems with the actual flash plugin, however, because the only flash plugins available for PPC Macs are third-party plugins.

ivtec

banned
Nice! I can't tell you for sure if the low amount of RAM is causing your freezing and sound issues, but it would probably be a good idea to upgrade anyway. Make sure that you get the right kind, though, because I know that some iMac G5s used DDR ram and others used DDR2. Your freezing and sound issues might just be caused by problems with the actual flash plugin, however, because the only flash plugins available for PPC Macs are third-party plugins.

do you know if this the right memory ram for my mac ppc g5

2GB DDR2-533 (PC2-4200) RAM Memory Upgrade for the Apple iMac G5 PowerMac 12,1 (17-inch iSight, 1.9GHz, MA063LL/A) (Genuine A-Tech Brand)

spynoodle

do you know if this the right memory ram for my mac ppc g5

2GB DDR2-533 (PC2-4200) RAM Memory Upgrade for the Apple iMac G5 PowerMac 12,1 (17-inch iSight, 1.9GHz, MA063LL/A) (Genuine A-Tech Brand)

I wouldn't get that; it's a no-name brand, so you never know what you'll get. Have you confirmed that you have the iSight version of the iMac G5? If you do, then you should get this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148097