First of all, thank you for helping me out.
I am looking for suggestion on building a new system box that can run i5. I am gonna use this computer mostly for programing, 3D graphics, photoshop, webs, movies, and occasionally mid range gaming (like StarCraft, or Huxley).
Since i am doing programing on this, i would love for this box to have the ability to run at least dual screen.
I know that the i5 - 750 is running around $200 right now so that's going to eat a "big" portion off my total budget.
I don't want to set a fixed low budget that gonna give me crappy components, but also at the same time want to save as much money as possible. I would say reliability and durability come first, then money saving, follow by performance not very far behind, just to reference.
After that is said, I would say my budget ranges somewhere in the middle of $450 to $650. In my opinion, that's enough but I could be wrong. So please advice me so i can get the most out of my money.
PS. I have OS already, just need to build the box. And an upgrade-able motherboard sounds very attractive to me.
Thank you.
*****************************************
Thanks guys, after doing some more research I come up with this one:
Core i7 720 ~$200
Asus P6T ~$195
Evga 9800 GTX+ ~$115
OCZ Platinum Tri Channel 6GB ~$106
DVD drive ~$25
Mid tower case ~$40
Western Digital Caviar Blue Hard Drive - 500GB ~$50
OCZ OCZ850GXSSLI Power Supply - 850 Watt ~$64
Total ~ $795
Please suggest on this. Is there away to save even more without sacrifice so much? PS, i want to go with i7 now ^ ^.
Thanks!
I am looking for suggestion on building a new system box that can run i5. I am gonna use this computer mostly for programing, 3D graphics, photoshop, webs, movies, and occasionally mid range gaming (like StarCraft, or Huxley).
Since i am doing programing on this, i would love for this box to have the ability to run at least dual screen.
I know that the i5 - 750 is running around $200 right now so that's going to eat a "big" portion off my total budget.
I don't want to set a fixed low budget that gonna give me crappy components, but also at the same time want to save as much money as possible. I would say reliability and durability come first, then money saving, follow by performance not very far behind, just to reference.
After that is said, I would say my budget ranges somewhere in the middle of $450 to $650. In my opinion, that's enough but I could be wrong. So please advice me so i can get the most out of my money.
PS. I have OS already, just need to build the box. And an upgrade-able motherboard sounds very attractive to me.
Thank you.
*****************************************
Thanks guys, after doing some more research I come up with this one:
Core i7 720 ~$200
Asus P6T ~$195
Evga 9800 GTX+ ~$115
OCZ Platinum Tri Channel 6GB ~$106
DVD drive ~$25
Mid tower case ~$40
Western Digital Caviar Blue Hard Drive - 500GB ~$50
OCZ OCZ850GXSSLI Power Supply - 850 Watt ~$64
Total ~ $795
Please suggest on this. Is there away to save even more without sacrifice so much? PS, i want to go with i7 now ^ ^.
Thanks!
Last edited: