Need Help on Connecting 6 Monitors

Hi all!

So... I'm switching from a Dual Monitor setup to a 6. I'm running my PC with the Radeon RX470. Which, has 1 HDMI, 1 DVI and 3 Displayports. I'm able to run 5 monitors with no problem running straight from my monitors to the GPU but when I run the gofanco Splitter Displayport to Dual Displayport, it doesn't receive any power. Each monitor has a message... "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please, change your input timing to 1920x1080@60Hz or any other monitor listed timing per the monitor specifications."

So, I thought I needed a couple of Active Adapters added to the Splitter in order to gain the power needed for the 2 monitors. Unfortunately, I'm getting the same message.

Any suggestions, would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200507_112105.jpg
    20200507_112105.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 4
Yep... that's exactly what it looks like b/c even running 5 doesn't work perfectly. I guess it doesn't give enough power.

One last question... (hope it's not a dumb question lol) Installing the second graphics card goes right in next to the other one, easy plug in, correct?

I really have to post here before I purchase everything. Damn it! LOL!

Thanks a million!

Intel_man

VIP Member
I've had 5 monitors plugged into my GTX 1080 before... well kind of 5. had 4 monitors + a VR HMD and it would crash my nvidia drivers. Problem went away if I only had 3 monitors plugged in + VR HMD.

So yes as you've mentioned, running 5 doesn't necessarily work too. Does your computer not have onboard graphics? You could in theory utilize your onboard graphics in addition to the dedicated one to hook up 6.

If not, you can just get a 2nd card.

OmniDyne

Hmm, interesting... I actually do have onboard graphics on my computer.

How do I utilize it?

You may need to enable it through the BIOS/ UEFI. You also need a processor with integrated graphics. What processor and motherboard do you have?

I have an ASUS Powerspec... I'm not sure what number I have, maybe the G313.

I know I disabled the integrated graphics, when I installed the Graphics Card.