need help on gameing laptop for $1500

ckfordy

banned
alanuofm said:
what games are you playing? in CS 1.6 throw a smoke grenade and see what your frames drop to. i have a 128 mb radeon 9700 and it drops 60fps. to view your fps type net_graph 3

where do you type net_graph 3?

spectator1313

ok this is all good info but a web pabe would be nice or where to get it from because if im going to order it i need the web page so if you can give me a web page with the specs and info that would be great.

alanuofm

VIP Member
spectator1313 said:
ok this is all good info but a web pabe would be nice or where to get it from because if im going to order it i need the web page so if you can give me a web page with the specs and info that would be great.

www.dell.com

when prompted for coupon please enter the following code:

GV8NGST6PF0DMJ 35% off purchase of Inspiron $999+ (expires 9/1/2005 7:00:00 AM)

Last edited:

X24

um, alanuofm, u do know the X300 and 9600 are about equal in preformance?
in the newest games, the X300 has a slight advantage, like maybe 1 - 2fps but in most other games, the 9600 takes a slight advantage.

but idk how much v ram they both have

alanuofm

VIP Member
X24 said:
um, alanuofm, u do know the X300 and 9600 are about equal in preformance?
in the newest games, the X300 has a slight advantage, like maybe 1 - 2fps but in most other games, the 9600 takes a slight advantage.

but idk how much v ram they both have

considering the x300 is basically the pci-e version of the 9600, with identical clocks, pixel pipelines, vertex shaders, and number of transistors i would imagine they perform similar. besides the lower core voltage for the radeon mobility 9600 they are the same card.

is there a reason to druel over this card?

spectator1313

thanks guys for all the help i had one more question though what about alian wear i have herd that there great for gaming,are they or are they not??

crazyzer0

check out hp pavilion zd8000 i just bought it 3 weeks ago. its pretty nice.
3ghz
radeon x600 128mb
17in tft
windows xp media center
512m ddr2sdram

X24

the isn't really a laptop in my book, more like a desktop with a battery strapped to it....lol

seriously, it doesn't have anywhere near the gaming performance of the I9300, which you could get for cheaper, and the I9300 weighs less.

alanuofm

VIP Member
yeah the 9300 is probably the lightest laptop in its class. the toshiba satellites series is pretty good as well but at a little higher price. i dont suggest an HP for anything.