Need help on LAN.

5had0w

Yesterday, i found that my laptop has a problem with connecting to LAN.
When i plugged the LAN cable inside the port, it still show my A network cable was unplugged. But it just do fine before. And, i tried that cable on my roommate laptop, and it works fine. I also tried to connect my laptop to his laptop with the same cable, and it works, showing that "Local Area Network was connected". But, it just doesn't connect with the port on the wall.

is it the cable problem? or my network card got problem? if i wanted to change my network card, how much will it costs?

p.s i m staying in a uni campus, the port was on the wall.

Johnnyboy0056

1. did u wait and see if it identified the cable?
2. did u enable the connection?
3. sometimes u have to allow it to connect to a network, look in the bottom right hand corner of the desktop and see if it says anything about available networks.

also, try disabling it and enabling it again.

and then try repairing the connction.

do these steps by right clicking on the connection. :)

5had0w

i did enabled the connection. Identified the cable?? Hmm, i m not very sure about this. And, it doesn't show anythings when i plug in the cable. And everythings was doing fine before yesterday, until i came back from my friend house, after playing dota using a LAN hub.

Geoff

VIP Member
did you make sure that whatever is on the other end of the cable is plugged in and turned on? and if its another comp if taht comp is enabled?

5had0w

hmm, i m pretty sure i have only 1 ethernet connection. And hmm, i still able to share file among 2 laptop. The other side of the cable is surely switch on, i tried with my friend laptop, and his laptop works! but when it switch to mine......it just pop up.....a network cable has unplugged.....aww.......

Johnnyboy0056

ok, the little icon where it says a network cable is unplugged, right click it, and select available networks. click the box where it says "allow me to connect to this network" and wait like 10 secs...should work.

5had0w

hmm.....weird.....i get back my old cable(which i left in my friend house) and i try with it.....and it works!! and when i change my cable(my friend's cable) then it cannot work again......