Need Help Please!

B_Wease

Just one problem that I'm having w/ my PC at the moment. Every once in a while when I go to start up my PC running Windows 7 64b. it stops at the windows screen. It goes through the boot up then when the windows logo shows up it freezes. It takes a couple restarts then eventually I get it working.

Any suggestions?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
When the logo appears its actually loading drivers and services. Anything new added to the system lately? hardware or software?

BassAddict

That happened to my most recent computer build, and it ended up being a faulty RAM stick that later (week after the start-up hang) ended up blue-screening an error code for the module.

This also happened to a computer at work, that ended up being a PSU issue. After upgrading to Win 7 and adding a few components, the power consumption was just pushing the PSU to its limits. How did we find this out? Unplugged an optical drive and second HDD (wasn't being used atm). Computer booted up fine. After we plugged both of them in, it began to hang again.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Can you give us a list of specs? Is this a custom built pc or store bought? What is your setup like, how many hard drives, cdrom drives any external drives?

Right now I'm assuming either a hard drive issue or as the other poster said a possible psu issue.