Need help plz, when I ask to shut down, it restart.

chriscool911

Hi, i would like to know why when I go to start > turn off computer >shut down > my computer restart and the only way i can shut it off is buy turning off the switch at back.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
when you select shut down it brings up a prompt with a drop down box does it not? Make sure shut down is selected. If shut down is selected or you don't get a prompt box, with an administrator account start->run type "cmd" then at the command prompt type "shutdown -s"

warrenwozere

dont really know ??????// :S

this sounds very strange
the only thing i can really surgest is that it could be a really gay virus or summin i have neaver had a problem like this and i would have thought the only way to stop this was to back up your good stuff , format c drive and reinstall the operating system as this is most likely to be an error with the operating system.
i would also reccomend calling microsoft ( as long as you have a legal copy of windows) and asking if they could offer any help this is probably your best bet.

hope this helped :)

Bobo

banned
warrenwozere said:
a really gay virus
Virii cannot be "gay," they do not have a sex. :p
There is an option somewhere that you can change what the computer does when the power button is pushed, maybe it could change that, too.

Bobo

banned
elmarcorulz said:
leave him alone, hes young and british and they all say "gay" and it drives me CRAZY :mad: :mad: :mad:
"gay" is a popular word in my school, too. I have yet to fiure out why....:rolleyes:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I think it's gay how this post has turned gay LOL. I think we should stick on topic. Any hoot it would be very helpfull if you left us with some specs to work with. what OS? what are your computer specs?

warrenwozere

i turned the post gay!!!

how good i tuned this post gay isnt that amazing !!!!
and viruses do have a sex actually. didnt you know because one lives next door to me :eek:

Bobo

banned
warrenwozere said:
how good i tuned this post gay isnt that amazing !!!!
and viruses do have a sex actually. didnt you know because one lives next door to me :eek:
Aaargh, I HATE figuritiveness. Everything should be totally literal, always :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Bobo/elmarcorulz/warrenwozere -- stay on topic.

Aaargh, I HATE figuritiveness. Everything should be totally literal, always
Coming form you thats hard to believe with your tactical ambiguity and all

Now back on topic, do you have normal settings under the power menu in your BIOS?