Need Help Quick With Video Cam!!!

nicko

I baught a samsung video camera (VP-D361) and the firewire software and installed the cd that came with the firewire card. I then plugged it in and the computer claims it is not detecting any devices.

I thought maybe it could be the driver but I was un-able to find the correct one. Any help would be very much appreciated as I need to edit these video's within the next week. :mad:

Mattu

Try going to Windows Update (assuming that you have some version of Windows) and go under hardware and see if that detects the drivers needed for the firewire card.

SC7

Try a manual install of the plain driver .exe installer itself, rather than via autorun.

nicko

I'm not sure if the firewire card is installed properly, i've run the installation twice now and the driver hasn't appeared. Is there supose to be somthing else to plug into the firewire card?

At the moment its just been slotted into the motherboard and when i plug the camera into the card the camera bleeps to tell me its plugged in but teh computer doesn't ntoicve it at all!