Need help upgrading my computer

devopopo

New Member
Hi everybody.

I need to upgrade my computer, and I do not what to do.
I got my computer 3 or 4 years ago, and it is already pretty bad.
So I would like to know if you guys have any suggestions on what to do to upgrade it.
My friend suggested to upgrade either the processor or the graphic card. But I want to get a second opinion.

Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ (2 CPUs) ~ 2.4 GHz
Memory: 2046 MB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT
Motherboard: ASUS M2NPV-VM

I've had my eye on the GTX 295, but I don't think my motherboard could support it. And it is too expensive right now.
And maybe an i7.



P.S.
if there are any crucial specs that I missed let me know how to get them


Thank you
 
GTX295 don't worth the money, and your CPU would bottlenecked it anyway.
You could consider grab an ATI 5850 at the moment. Then when you upgrade your CPU and Mobo, you could consider Crossfire it
 
Thanks,
So is my graphic card my priority?
Is it better to upgrade my motherboard/processor now or will a better graphic card be able to hold me down for a while?
 
We'll, to OP; if your computer is just S L O W .. I suggest formating HDD and starting from scratch. YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA. That will speed up system to performance the day you bought it. And if you prefer, partion the HDD, to have the operating system on one partition, and important data on second partition, then if you need to re-format in the future, it will be turn-key and head-ache free.

Otherwise, if you need more GPU power, get a more powerful GPU card.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top