Need Help with buying a Second Hand PC

Owain

Hi all.

Im windering if any of you could help with this as I have very little knowledge on the matter - I'm looking to buy a second hand PCin order to comfortably play Counter strike Go at 60 FPS. I'm scheduled to visit a seller tomorrow to see a gaming setup they have for sale for £250 and I wondered whether any of you could please advise if this is a reasonable amount of money to ask for the following setup:

Specification:
- Windows 10 Home 64 bit
- Intel i5 - 660 CPU @ 3.33 GHz
- 7 GB RAM
- 1 TB HDD (2x 500 GB SATA)
- GeForce GT 610 graphics 1 GB GDDR3
- 22" Samsung Monitor ( VGA)
- Yamaha 2.1 speaker set
- Gaming keyboard, mouse

I'm not the most knowledgeable with computers but just wanted to see if any of you thought this was a good deal, or if I m wasting my money. I know this is an ask but I also wondered if you could advise what sort of range of games I could play with those specs. Any help would mean a lot. Also, would upgrading the computer be viable and/or possible ? Many thanks.

beers

Staff member
The game front would be super limited to esports titles. The GT 610 isn't really a gaming card.

7 GB RAM is also an awkward number. The i5 660 is pretty old at this point and doesn't have a very worthwhile upgrade path on that socket (1156 didn't last long at all).

250 seems somewhat a lot for that IMO.