Need help with Computer build

Wooster

New Member
Building my first computer. Know some people who say they'll help me if need be. My budget is $750 (but flexible), and I'll be using it mainly for music, gaming, and surfing the web. I don't need a monitor or anything, just the tower. I have access to power supplies but I'm not sure what I'll need in that department. Basically I'm looking for help with these items:

* Motherboard
* CPU
* Ram-Probably 2GB
* Hard Drive-Around 350GB
* Video Card
* Case
* CPU Cooler
* CD/DVD Burner
Finally, I was wondering what kind of power supply I would need because I have access to a plethora of power supplies but I don't know what I need.
 
MOBO:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131322
CPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115017
CPU COOLER:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134&Tpk=artic+freezer+7
GFX:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143149
RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227298
HDD:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136073
DVD:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151171
CASE:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042

TOTAL: $818.00
I included 4 GB of 1066 RAM. You can downgrade to 2GB if you want but the one I picked had a pretty good deal running. You can always pick a different case, if you want side windows, LED's,etc. Now what kind of PSU's are we talkin about here, how many watts. If there kinda old, you may just want to pick up a new one. I can get the price down if you need, look it over and let me know what you think.
 
Last edited:
MOBO:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131322
CPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115017
CPU COOLER:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134&Tpk=artic+freezer+7
GFX:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143149
RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227298
HDD:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136073
DVD:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151171
CASE:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042

TOTAL: $818.00
I included 4 GB of 1066 RAM. You can downgrade to 2GB if you want but the one I picked had a pretty good deal running. You can always pick a different case, if you want side windows, LED's,etc. Now what kind of PSU's are we talkin about here, how many watts. If there kinda old, you may just want to pick up a new one. I can get the price down if you need, look it over and let me know what you think.

Good, but!

get the Radeon 4870 or 4850, get a seagate hard drive, otherwise it is good.
 
Whats wrong with WD?, and I don't think the 4870 will fit the budget. And the 9800 GTX+ is better than the 4850.
 
Whats wrong with WD?, and I don't think the 4870 will fit the budget. And the 9800 GTX+ is better than the 4850.

Seagate is just more reliable and on newegg they are the same price the WD and the Seagate.

Well the budget is flexible..... so maybe we can get the 4870..... :cool::cool:
 
seagate arent very good anymore, i have had issues with thier more recent batches of drives

wd seeem to be better atm
 
and I don't think the 4870 will fit the budget. And the 9800 GTX+ is better than the 4850
. Radeon 4850s offer better performance for value, the tiny performance lead of the 9800GTX+ won't make any noticeable difference and definitely ain't worth the extra cash.
 
Back
Top